Idling problems

frprof

Hello house. My Ls400 (1990) is no longer coming down after few minutes steaming in the morning. It stays up and I don't know what to to. And when I raise it or drive on, the check light comes on with TRCOFF

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks dear. I have succeeded in checking the codes. Here are what I got:

25=Air-fuel ratio lean malfunction

26=Air-fuel ratio rich malfunction

41=Throttle position sensor signal

52=No.1 knock sensor signal

55=No.2 knock sensor signal

I know I worked on the starter motor montgs ago and thats where they may have tempered with knock sensors. It is a whole lot to get down where those sensors are

I adjusted the the throttle position sensor and the idling speed came down better

But I dont know anything about air-fuel ratio issue. Please how do I go about checking those issues?

Code 25 & 26 point to possibly failing O2 sensors and the 41 is probably there since you adjusted the TPS. It could also be the famous ECU caps issue. How long have you had these codes and how long has the car been running bad?

• 5 months later...

I wish to thank you all. This forum has enabled me to keep driving and appreciating my ls400. I replaced the knock sensors accurately and it came off fine. Knock sensors has male and female and should not be misfixed. 

2. Please could someone help me with tips on how to keep the axial maintained. I have driven my ls400 for 29 months now without doing anything maintenance check on the axial. It doesn't have any problems but I feel I should ask to avoid a sudden breakdown.