Side Swing opening Rear Door****

Jtaylo12

Hello, I am new here. I currently own a ES and I am trying to decide if I am going to trade it in for the GX 460.

The biggest thing that I can not get past in the side swinging opening rear door.  Can anyone please comment how much of and inconvenience this is with the current owners out there. I would truly appreciate it.  This seems like it would be a huge annoyance.  Any and all comments greatly appreciated and welcomed.

Hi - I drive a 2007 GX470 with same door configuration, nearly 200K miles.  I've never understood the complaint about the side-hinged door; it has never been an inconvenience for any of my family.

• Thanks 1

Jtaylo12, you better read about the truck more. If your only concern is about the way the trunk opens...well, just choose another car... If your selection pattern is deeper than that, post what you want. I am sure that fellow forum members will help you with a choice. Just find an appropriate forum for that. The GX460 is, by definition, designated to that model only

• 2 weeks later...

I was concerned about this as well before purchasing our GX, however I actually find I like it better than having the back lift up. The keyless entry enables you to touch a button that unlocks the back and open it - much easier than digging around for keys while juggling bags to press a button on the remote.  

• 1 year later...