MSRP vs Price Quoted/Paid January 2016

I just purchased a new 2016 ES 350 MSRP $45,594 and wanted to let everybody know what I was quoted.  The first thing I did was call about 8 dealerships within a 250 mile radius of my home.  I asked for the Sales Manager and explained to him that I was in the market to purchase a new vehicle, & was reaching out to Dealerships to get a price quote.  I explained that after getting quotes I would be making my decision in the next 2 weeks.  After I received my quotes, I emailed the 4 that gave me the best price.   I said that everybody was within a couple hundred dollars of each other & asked if this was their final price?  They all came back trying to get me to commit over the phone & put down a deposit.  I explained that after I got everybody's best price, I would move forward tomorrow.  Here are the results based on an MSRP of $45,594.  I also qualified for 2.9% for 60mo & an additional $500 rebate thru Lexus Financial (with only a fair credit score).  I ended up purchasing a vehicle from dealer 1 for $40,521 + TTT.  Looks like 11.13% off MSRP.  I am glad I did this over the phone / email!  If I was in the Dealership, I probably would have gave in under pressure and paid a higher price.  I hope this is good information for the Forum!

First quoted price   Final quoted Price 

Dealer 1                             $40,922                      $40,521

Dealer 2                             $40,995                      $40,995

Dealer 3                             $41,035                      $40,552

Dealer 4                             $41,637                      $41,637

Dealer 5                             $42,866                      $40,700

Dealer 6                             $42,900                      $42,900

Dealer 7                             $43,137                      $43,137

Dealer 8                             $43,936                      $43,936  

Sounds like you got a great deal!  I bought a 2016 Ultra-Luxury packaged ES350 back in Sept. 2015 . Bought one of the first ones to ship to my state and called all over to get a price. MSRP was $49,900.00 and I ended up getting 3k off as the best I could do on a hard-to-find model at that time.

Again, you did very well!  Congrats

P.S.  My ES350 is Atomic silver w/ black interior and is beautiful!