Ipod usb port for my LS430

ftwken

New to forum, I just brought a 2002 LS430 with 62K on it after my 2010 ES350 got total. What has any done to add a USB port for my Ipod. I really don't want to replace the stereo system.  Thank you for your help. 

1230151518.jpg

1230151519.jpg

I'd find a local audio shop. They do they type of thing all the time and it doesn't cost much. I pulled the radio out of both my LS400 and ES330 to connect my Sirius radio on the back. Pulled out the antenna, inserted the adapter, plugged the antenna in that and reassembled. I've seen the same adapter setups for audio connections.  Very easy to take out but one suggestion, use a magnetic screwdriver.  

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for the Vaistech units. Easy to install and very helpful tech support. I have 2 of them and love both; they also have a cool BT unit that reads playlists out of iOS devices; like the new OEM integration.

The LS430 has a complicated stereo system (amp in the trunk; separate radio tuner) that's annoying and expensive to replace. I just went with the OEM ML system and added the iPod; have had no regrets for the last 10 years. 

• 1 year later...

USA spec also makes an adapter for Ipod connection.

which also keeps Ipod charged. so no USB port is required to keep Ipod charged.

and lets you use your radio and steering wheel control buttons to change songs, volume, etc.

The Vaistech unit may allow the Ipod to store more songs.  I am unsure about this.

I have used the USA spec unit in an 01 and also 04 LS430 with nav.

there is a Bluetooth adapter, too if desired.