90K miles maintenance

I've searched for recommended maintenance on a 2007 IS250 with 90K miles. Lexus shows only the following replacements:

Replace engine oil and oil filter
Rotate tires (Applies to models with the same size front and
rear tires and wheels.)
Replace air conditioner filter
Replace brake fluid
Replace engine air filter

Some posts additionally suggest

Replace Timing Belt
Rotate Water Pump
Replace Power Steering Fluid
Replace Transmission fluid
Replace Radiator Fluid
Replace Differential Fluid

I'm wondering which of the services I should plan for. Any links to better information is appreciated.

18 hours ago, VBdenny said:

I would suggest you get all of them done. With your car just broken in, it deserves to be refreshed. 

My understanding of breaking-in a new car used to be keeping the engine below 3K RPM during the first couple of thousand miles. Am I to take this response as humor for a newbie?

Very perceptive Malcolm. The answer is no, it was not intended that way because the break in thing is so old school, I didn't consider that. Ha, never know what to expect do you? A Lexus really is just broken in by a buck though.

In all seriousness you'll have to decide if you want the car to go another 100,000 without issues. If so, do them all, if not be more selective. 

And a big welcome to "The Club" as it is both fun and informative. Nice to have you here.

Denny

Thank you. I listed 90K mile maintenance since I understand it is a major maintenance (which had not been performed). The car, now with 105K miles, will be sold and replaced with a newer model however we'd like to take care of maintenance necessary for safety and transfer the car in a reasonable shape. The Lexus dealership and a Toyota dealership have provided the following estimates:

1. Front brakes including rotors - $625 (Brakes are worn out) /Toyota:$525
  2. Replace Front tires: $375 (Tires are worn out)
  3. Front wheel alignment - $159.88 /Toyota:$89.95
  4. Brake fluid flush/refill: $159.88 /Toyota:$139.95
  5. Transmission fluid replacement: $293.88 (They said we should have it done if it was not done at 60K miles) /Toyota:$189.95
  6. Engine coolant flush & replacement: $109.88 /Toyota:$159.95
  7. Differential oil replacement: $99.88 /Toyota:$99.95
  8. Power Steering fluid replacement: $129.88 /Toyota:$139.95
  9. Spark Plugs replacement: $480.88 (They said we should have it done if it was not done at 60K miles) /Toyota:$510
  10. Of course, we'll have oil and filter replaced. We'll also replace air filter and the cabin AC filter.
  11. We are told this car has a timing chain and not a belt so no replacement is required.

How often should these fluids and spark plugs be replaced? Any words of advice are appreciated.

Edited by rmk9785e
Update with Toyota dealership estimates

While all of that SHOULD be done, you'll never recover even half of what you'll spend. I'd only do that if I intended to keep the car. Transfer the responsibility ( and the expense) of making sure it's safe to the dealer whom you trade it in to. Every price was way high as expected at dealerships and they can do all that for 1/4 what they quoted you.

4 hours ago, VBdenny said:

While all of that SHOULD be done, you'll never recover even half of what you'll spend. I'd only do that if I intended to keep the car. Transfer the responsibility ( and the expense) of making sure it's safe to the dealer whom you trade it in to. Every price was way high as expected at dealerships and they can do all that for 1/4 what they quoted you.

Thank you for your sane advice. I'll let the dealer handle the repairs if I trade it in. If I sell directly to another consumer then I'll at least fix the brakes and replace the front tires understanding that I'll not recover the costs. I don't want to sell it to another person without fixing known safety issues.

• 2 weeks later...

The IS250 and IS350 do not have timing belt, therefore no timing belt to replace (I'm referring to first post).

They have a timing chain intended to last the life of the engine. 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:27 PM, rmk9785e said:

Thank you. I listed 90K mile maintenance since I understand it is a major maintenance (which had not been performed). The car, now with 105K miles, will be sold and replaced with a newer model however we'd like to take care of maintenance necessary for safety and transfer the car in a reasonable shape. The Lexus dealership and a Toyota dealership have provided the following estimates:

1. Front brakes including rotors - $625 (Brakes are worn out) /Toyota:$525
  2. Replace Front tires: $375 (Tires are worn out)
  3. Front wheel alignment - $159.88 /Toyota:$89.95
  4. Brake fluid flush/refill: $159.88 /Toyota:$139.95
  5. Transmission fluid replacement: $293.88 (They said we should have it done if it was not done at 60K miles) /Toyota:$189.95
  6. Engine coolant flush & replacement: $109.88 /Toyota:$159.95
  7. Differential oil replacement: $99.88 /Toyota:$99.95
  8. Power Steering fluid replacement: $129.88 /Toyota:$139.95
  9. Spark Plugs replacement: $480.88 (They said we should have it done if it was not done at 60K miles) /Toyota:$510
  10. Of course, we'll have oil and filter replaced. We'll also replace air filter and the cabin AC filter.
  11. We are told this car has a timing chain and not a belt so no replacement is required.

How often should these fluids and spark plugs be replaced? Any words of advice are appreciated.

Way over priced, I would get the brake job, brake fluid flush should be part of the brake job.  Transmission fluid changed, coolant, differential, power steering fluid, Oil & filter, Spark plugs at 120k miles.   And then look for an independent garage specializing in Toyota products for cheaper.

• Like 1