Rx330 Running Boards

grunt78

Does anybody have running boards for their RX330? The dealer told me that they're not really practical because the RX330 really isn't that tall of a vehicle and when coming in/out of it, he found it annoying that he kept smacking into the boards with his ankle. Is this the case, or is he just clumsy? Does anybody know where I can get them? Thanks everybody.

hi,

i am 5'8" and feel very comfortable to get in and out of my RX330.

i saw RX330 with this stuff on running on the road and i really didn't like it.

honestly speaking, i won't let it on my baby even free of charge. however i am going to install a sunroof deflector on it and looking for some cool design.

can somebody give some advice? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the running boards (chrome bars) on my and in my opinion it is the one thing that sets if off from all the others. They look terrific. They stand out from the crowd and true I will say that ptractically my wife nor I use them very much to step into the car as it also has the sports suspension, but for looks they add thta special touch. I also have the polished wheels and together make for a fantastic looking package. Oops, on second thought, I advise all readers NOT to get them, I want my RX330 to stay different from the rest.

• 1 month later...

I have the running boards (chrome bars) on my and in my opinion it is the one thing that sets if off from all the others. They look terrific. They stand out from the crowd and true I will say that ptractically my wife nor I use them very much to step into the car as it also has the sports suspension, but for looks they add thta special touch. I also have the polished wheels and together make for a fantastic looking package. Oops, on second thought, I advise all readers NOT to get them, I want my RX330 to stay different from the rest.

juanders,

Did you have it installed or is it a DIY?

Looks are not everything..........

Damn good way to muddy your pant leg as you get into and out of the vehicle. RX and 4runner are low enough that for most of us actually making use of running boards is somewhat ackward.

But if you like the looks then clearly you can afford the cleaning bills.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question about the side tube steps: do they make it harder to service the vehicle, or even to change a flat yourself? Because wouldn't they be blocking access to the reinforced areas on the side where the jack is supposed to go (where the 2 grooves are)? I looked at an RX 330 with the tubes installed, and they look pretty low to the ground, and I was just wondering if it would cause problems.

• 1 year later...