2006 Is250 Awd Tpms Issue

I've searched for weeks for a solution to my problem but I can't find one. I changed over to my snow tires and my check system and tpms lights go on when I run my car. The sensors were being read last winter when I was using the same wheels. The all season tires were being read fine. I see that I can switch to the 2nd set of sensors but that didn't solve anything.

I know the car had learned the codes but possibly they were overridden when the shop put on the all season tires in the spring.

The shop closed a month ago so I can't find out what they did to get the sensors working.

Before I buy an Ateq tool to teach the car the codes I wonder if there's anyway to get the car to read the codes without taking it to a shop or buying tools.

Thank you

Does the 2006 IS250 ECU hold two sets of TPMS ID's - for both "winter" and "summer" wheels? I know that some European vehicle ECU's can store two sets of TPMS codes and have a dash mounted switch to switch between them but I don't know about the IS250.

My understanding is that most vehicles made by Toyota can store only one set of TPMS codes which means that they have to be overwritten in the vehicle ECU each time winter and summer wheels are switched.

Do you have the TPMS codes for all your wheels? If not, you will probably have to have a tire shop use a specialty tool to read the codes from your wheels.

I really like my ATEQ Quickset. It paid for itself the first day I used it. It can both "pull" the TPMS codes that are currently stored in the vehicle ECU and "send" the codes for another set of wheels to the vehicle ECU. But it cannot pull the codes directly from the TPMS sensors on the wheels. If you need to do that, have a tire shop do it since there is no point in buying another tool that you will probably use only once.

My IS does have a button to change between two sets of wheels. I don't know why my shop wouldn't of set this correctly. But I guess they just changed the settings on the first setting in the car at each changeover. I believe your info will help. I can buy the Ateq and get my all season tire codes. I got my winter tire codes from the company I bought them from.

If you have any other info feel free. I have a lot to learn.

Thanks

My IS does have a button to change between two sets of wheels. I don't know why my shop wouldn't of set this correctly. But I guess they just changed the settings on the first setting in the car at each changeover. I believe your info will help. I can buy the Ateq and get my all season tire codes. I got my winter tire codes from the company I bought them from.

If you have any other info feel free. I have a lot to learn.

Thanks

I'm not expert in this but vehicles that can store two sets of TPMS ID's are apparently rare. Maybe the tire shop that did the work for you had not previously encountered a vehicle like yours.

And some tire shop employees are simply following a script when they program TPMS ID's. For example, before I bought the ATEQ Quickset, I had planned to have a nearby NTW tire shop do the summer/winter changeover on our vehicles. When I asked multiple NTW employees to pull the original ID's from the ECU in one of our vehicles, I was told that they didn't have instructions on how to do that - only instructions on how to upload TPMS codes to the ECU.

If you get an ATEQ Quickset, ignore the CD that comes with it and download the software from the ATEQ website. The Quickset's PC software may look a little crude but it is easy to use once you get the hang of it.

There is also the Carista phone app but it requires buying a separate Bluetooth OBD2 interface and buying the app. The Carista's TPMS programming feature has been in "beta testing" for what seems like a long time so I don't know how viable it is. Last time I checked (a few months ago), the ATEQ Quickset worked on a far larger range of vehicles than Carista.