Ask For Suggestion Advice On How To Negotiate For A 2014 Cpo

iopepper

Hi, Everyone

I am new to this forum. I read a lot on this forum before I registered. We are plan to replaced our 2007 toyota prius for a 2014 es350. I did a lot research on the certifed es350 recently. I never negotiate a deal on a cpo before. So Just hope anyone on this forum can give me some advice on that. I found one 2014 ES350 which ask for 31995 near my home. So can anybody has experience can give me a hint where should I begin to negotiate? a ballpark number will be ok. I just need a fair deal not a great deal. win win situation is good for both parties.Thanks in advance.

Jerry

I would start by finding other similarly equipped 2014 ES350's - CPO or not - on Autotrader, eBay Motors, non-Lexus car dealers, etc. to get a feel for asking and actual sale prices. That might give you a place to start.

Lexus dealers sometimes ask huge premiums for CPO cars. In 2003, I paid $9,000 less for the non-CPO 2000 LS400 that I bought from an auto broker than what the local Lexus dealer was asking for two CPO 2000 LS400. The car I bought was far better equipped than the cars the Lexus dealer was offering and in the color I wanted. Mileage was about the same. The CPO cars were at about 36,000 miles. The non-CPO car I bought was at 38,000 miles.

When you compare cars, be sure to account for differences in packages and options. It is possible to load up a 2014 ES350 with well over $10,000 of packages and options. And if you liked your Prius, maybe consider the ES Hybrid or its "twin", the Toyota Avalon Hybrid - both get about 40 mpg on regular fuel. I test drove a 2014 Avalon Hybrid and liked it a lot - very fast and nice handling.

Related, new member. Months of research landed me a good deal on a 2008 400h with 114k on eBay.

I'd like to know if anyone out there actually regrets buying a 400h. And everyone,s concern, including my mechanic, is how long those hybrid batteries REALLY last? Haven't picked it up yet. Thanks for your input.

I think my favorite aspect of hybrid and all-electric vehicles is that they are dead silent when stilling at a traffic light.

From the Lexus website, here is the hybrid warranty:

"Hybrid System Warranty coverage is for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and covers the following components: Hybrid control module, Hybrid battery control module, Hybrid battery and inverter with converter. See your Lexus dealer for complete details on the Lexus Powertrain Warranty."

It's hard to say how long the hybrid batteries last. Even when they start to fail, the gasoline engine will simply run more.

When we bought a new Toyota Prius v wagon in 2012, we were told that the hybrid batteries are usually good for at least 10 years. It will be interesting to see how long its hybrid battery lasts since my wife says that she plans to keep the Prius 20 years and drives it only about 5,000 miles per year.

A failing hybrid battery doesn't necessarily have to be replaced with a brand new battery - salvage and refurbished batteries are often available.