You Guys Will Love This....

timandjulie

Hello,

Driving down a slow road this evening and heard something metallic 'fall' off my 94 LS. We turned around to see what it was and low and dehold....a very rusty part of a spring. I thought...no way is this from my LS....figured the noise was from driving over it opposed to having it fall off. Well....it fell off. I jacked the rear of the car up and the tops of both of the rear springs are very very rusty and the spring piece had actually fallen off the drivers side rear.

The joys of living in salt country!

Any ideas what replacement springs and shocks will cost....I would imagine that its a good idea to replace the shocks while the springs are out. And if I am doing the rears I should do all four corners....prices, suggestions? Any input would be appreciated...as always.

I am currently in the process of replacing the struts on all four corners on my 91LS. Front OE struts were about $38 each, rears were about $47 from irontoad.com. Didn't price springs, but I know that they are more. I did see a set of Eibach lowering springs for $300 or so, if you are looking to move into something a bit sportier in the way of handing. The Lexus repair manual walks you through the process step by step if you are so inclined. I can't think of a reason to replace the fronts unless they are failing on you, but I would definitely suggest replacing whatever you end up replacing in pairs (don't just replace the spring on the passenger side without also replacing the spring on the drivers side).

Good luck!

as i am pretty sure you need to remove the rear seat to get to the upper mount of the suspension as the seat comes out it is better to do them the rear at the same time.

If it is rusty on one spot it is probably rusty in a few more i would replace all of them at once to give the car a smooth feeling rather than a worn and solid ride with a half and half suspension.

the jic coilovers ride very smooth for a nice slight ride upgrade