Window Lock Does Not Work On Rx300

jzahar

then it is a problem with the actual switch

try pulling up the switch a bit with some pliers it may have been jammed down or got stuck with some grape jelly or something.

The window switch is basically a 2 wire cutoff. ONce pressed it disconnects continuity to the other windows by removing there ground wire.

The windows still work from both the driver's door buttons as well as each individual door button when the lock button is in the "locked" position. Also, the lock switch does not appear to be stuck down; it moves freely up and down. I can tell when it is slightly raised or slightly pushed in, which is supposed to indicate a locked/unlocked position.

This may or may not be helpful, but I noticed from the owner's manual that, when in the "locked" position, all window buttons except for the driver's window button is not supposed to be lit up. That does not happen when my lock button is pressed - all window switch lights remain lit.

i say you check the battery and make sure its not worn. Sometimes, if the battery is beginning to die, the electrical components could start !Removed! around and working improperly. If you haven't changed the battey already, do that first, then make sure all fuses are good, and finally, proceed with the deed of removing the door panel, if all else fails.