Security Systen

maxnharry

Long time lurker. Am the proud owner of a 96 lx-450 and have been having trouble with my security system. So much trouble that I left it off the other night and then discovered someone trying to steal the car early in the morning on my way to work, but that's a whole nother story.

My problem is that when the alarm is set using the key fob, it will set itself off within a few moments of being set and without any intrusion of any type. I am hoping that it is a sensitivity adjustment but am worried that I have to replace the alarm module. Anyone have any similar experience? Any ideas on what a replacement module will cost? Any suggestions on an aftermarket replacement?

I have a 97 LX450 and I also have problems with the alarm. Nothing like what you are having, but I still don't like the system. I'm not sure if you can adjust the sensitivity on the factory alarm. Before you get a new module, I would research a after market DEI alarm system. They are the larget automotive security system maker and known as the best. They will offer much more than your stock system. I'm having one installed in my LX at the end of next week that will even put the windows up and down. I'm paying $400 for the whole system installed. I have used the same system on my old 1996 Cruiser and loved it. Plus, you get 1/4 miles range with the remote vs. my 10 feet now. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Hope this helps.

Steve

• 5 months later...