Lifted Rx300 With Big Tires

LIFTED RX300

The largest optional tire size on gen 1 I believe is 235/70R16. I have a set of cooper discoverer at3 4s in that size on my gen 1. Some people here might have fit 245 but probably with some light rubbing.

You could also go taller instead of wider, to 225/75R16 but you’ll get pretty close to the rear spring perches. They should still fit though.

10 hours ago, Dafo said:

The largest optional tire size on gen 1 I believe is 235/70R16. I have a set of cooper discoverer at3 4s in that size on my gen 1. Some people here might have fit 245 but probably with some light rubbing.

You could also go taller instead of wider, to 225/75R16 but you’ll get pretty close to the rear spring perches. They should still fit though.

Thanks! I will look at some AT tires in 235/70 or 225/75 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
08.09.2020 в 04:58, JMW256 сказал:

Джейсон, спасибо, что разъяснили это. Для тех из вас, кто не в курсе. Brickwall сделал огромное открытие для наших автомобилей. Он обнаружил, что при использовании задних стоек Toyota Highlander 08-13 будет подъем на 1,25 дюйма и возможность использовать шины большего диаметра из-за более высокой пружины. Я считаю, что возможна установка 265/70/17 (шина 31 дюйм) с правильным вылетом. На моем Light blue RX330, размещенном выше, я использовал 1,5-дюймовые стальные распорные стойки Northwoods и смог установить шину диаметром 29,5 дюймов 245/65/17. ОЧЕНЬ близко, но не натирает.

не подскажите какие параметры у диска? ET? 

• 2 months later...

Is this thread still alive?

I just recently acquired a 2009 RX350 and I’ve been wanting to do a suspension lift on it. Can’t find the King Springs anywhere. Contacted them and they don’t make them anymore.

Does anyone know if the highlander struts fit in the front as well as the rear? I might just look for highlander lift springs if that’s the case. Or just get the lift out of highlander struts on the front and back and then get a little extra out of some strut spacers.

Yes this thread is alive and well!  Congrats on the purchase of your 09 RX350.  If you are interested in a 1.5 inch lift why not check out the Northwoods performance lift. I used it on my RX330 and it is a high quality kit well worth the price. Great thought on running the longer front 08-13 highlander struts in front of the RX. I am not sure if they will fit but well worth looking into. As you know the rears work and allow space for a larger diameter tire than the originals. If you have any other questions let me know.

John

The Highlander struts for front and rear (08-13) will fit the rx. If you use 10-13 front struts you will have to use 10-13 front springs as well. You can find more info on here for the 1st gen highlander, which is mechanically the same as the 07-09 rx. https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/1st-gen-bolt-on-upgrade-list-other-modifications.1695939/

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, I just recently got RX 300 and I'm very pleased with my purchase! It is project car that I will work on it to make it off road beast. I would like to ask you for information regarding lift kit installation. I just ordered this lift kit https://risingtuning.com/lift-kits/product-989?id_car_mark=99&id_car_model=1029&id_car_generation=108448 and I'm wondering if anyone could give me some tips regarding installation. Is it difficult? Maybe someone from this group could be so kind to briefly explain to me how do I put them on? I'd much appreciate your help! Any video tutorial is also welcome. 

Thank you

M

14 hours ago, BCrx300 said:

Hi guys, I just recently got RX 300 and I'm very pleased with my purchase! It is project car that I will work on it to make it off road beast. I would like to ask you for information regarding lift kit installation. I just ordered this lift kit https://risingtuning.com/lift-kits/product-989?id_car_mark=99&id_car_model=1029&id_car_generation=108448 and I'm wondering if anyone could give me some tips regarding installation. Is it difficult? Maybe someone from this group could be so kind to briefly explain to me how do I put them on? I'd much appreciate your help! Any video tutorial is also welcome. 

Thank you

M

Welcome and congrats! I just saw that kit. Hope some experts would chime in

23 hours ago, BCrx300 said:

Thank you

M

are you also getting spacers? 

how does it affect ride quality?

Hello All,

I've just purchased a lift kit from https://northwoodsperformance.com/products/all-northwoods-products/1-1-2-lift-kit/ and Nathan (owner) was beyond helpful. I live in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands so we have left and right hand drive vehicles. My vehicle is actually a second gen bodied RX but has the RX300 engine, odd I know. I have also ordered some 18x8 +20mm wheels with 235/60/18 Falken Wildpeaks and will post pictures once done. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I finally order some wheels and tires for my car and I will show you guys once I get them on. I'm considering getting a lift for it as well however I want to know if new swaybar links are necessary for a 1 1/2 in lift. They come with the northwood performance kit but this kit is expensive and I don't think the addition of the sway bar links are necessary or worth the money. If I decide to lift I will most likely go with something for well under half the price as the northwood.

Just wondering if you guys think the sway bar links are necessary?

• 5 months later...

Late response...not sure if anyone is still active on here but here are some pictures of my car. This thing is a beast in the snow and the little mud driving ive done it ripps. I am running 245/65r17 wilkpeak at3w on 17x8 black rhino wheels with +10mm offset. The fitment is sick. I definitely need a lift. No rubbing but it is very close. 

I want a suspension lift of some kind not just spacers because the articulation on these things suck. The suspension system that these lexuss have really limits the potential for making these good offroad.

IMG_1463.HEIC IMG_6322.HEIC IMG_6349.HEIC IMG_6402.HEIC IMG_6403.HEIC IMG_6457.HEIC IMG_6625.HEIC IMG_6894.HEIC

• 1 month later...

Longtime creeper first time post. I have a 2000 RX300 awd

New kyb struts,moog ball joints and sway bar links all installed and i just got some 40mm ebay spacers, camber adjustment bolts and the camber tool, does anyone have the camber spec? I though i found it around here before but i cant anymore. Thanks 

14 hours ago, craw said:

Longtime creeper first time post. I have a 2000 RX300 awd

New kyb struts,moog ball joints and sway bar links all installed and i just got some 40mm ebay spacers, camber adjustment bolts and the camber tool, does anyone have the camber spec? I though i found it around here before but i cant anymore. Thanks 

For static camber you just want to be at 0 deg. I have setup for very slight positive camber (top of wheels out) for running dirt/gravel forest roads at speed because of the way they are crowned for water runoff. It also helps a little bit with dynamic steering when you are under compression but that is less of an issue if your alignment is balanced well.

I still think about getting another 300! miss ripping through the woods in that thing.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, hewitttech said:

For static camber you just want to be at 0 deg. I have setup for very slight positive camber (top of wheels out) for running dirt/gravel forest roads at speed because of the way they are crowned for water runoff. It also helps a little bit with dynamic steering when you are under compression but that is less of an issue if your alignment is balanced well.

I still think about getting another 300! miss ripping through the woods in that thing.

Thank you, when i got this little RX it was just a backup rig bit since i vdone some work to it I'm really loving it up here in alaska. Adding some 235/70r16 a/ts made a huge difference. The previous all season tires did not cut the mustard for alaskan winters. 

Edited by craw

1 hour ago, craw said:

Thank you, when i got this little RX it was just a backup rig bit since i vdone some work to it I'm really loving it up here in alaska. Adding some 235/70r16 a/ts made a huge difference. The previous all season tires did not cut the mustard for alaskan winters. 

any photos?

2 hours ago, 03rx30 said:

any photos?

Well I dont have utd pics but this day is what set me out to beef up the rx-rover. I had the 225/75r15 LTX michelin banana peels on and would get stuck on flat ground. I switched to nokian outpost at 235/70r16 and what a difference! I prefer driving this over my 2014 fx4 ecoboost in the winter now.

This is my rear drivers side camber jacked up and hanging, tire off, on uneven ground.. when i get my 40 mm spacers in should i pop in the new camber bolts and adjust it back to here?

20230518_212013.jpg