Can It Be Done?

TREYFIGGS

Of course it is "possible" with enough time, patience and money and one heck of a lot of part fabrication. Heck, one co-worker of mine turned a Saab 900 into an all electric vehicle (he has a complete machine shop of his own) and another did the same on an old Pontiac Fiero.

That's what I was wondering. The whole fabrication thing. Thank you bro. How about a 2jz?

Of course it is "possible" with enough time, patience and money and one heck of a lot of part fabrication. Heck, one co-worker of mine turned a Saab 900 into an all electric vehicle (he has a complete machine shop of his own) and another did the same on an old Pontiac Fiero.

And you're telling me a twin'd ls swap with a six speed isn't in the hierarchy of motors, if not the King? However, I do understand. This is my first import, I am a die hard Chevy enthusiast. With that said this may be one of the nicest most comfortable cars I've ever owned. Will be in the family until the end.👍

Besides the time and money and frustration, it is just plain sacrilegious, of the highest order, to put a Chevy motor in a Lexus.

I actually thought about it at one time too. If you do it just don't do anything to the Lexus body when doing it. Always keep the body in good shape to turn it back into a full fledged Lexus. Make the special adapters to fit the body and mount points. Not trying to make the body fit the new stuff. If done like that its a good tasteful swap that can be reversed at anytime. Keep the original stuff. Just be prepared to not having some things work if you do it. The electrics will be a mess figuring out.

I mean no new holes any place, no hammering a panel to make something fit etc. You don't need a machine shop though it would be handy, to do a swap like that. A good abrasive cut off saw and welder and drill press is about it, and a grinder or so.

Make brackets to use all existing holes and or mount points, use existing holes in firewall etc etc.

Would you use a carburetor or an efi engine? You would likely have to go with a stand alone engine and transmission controller.

Same deal if you are thinking manual transmission. Engineer it so no new holes or anything. And actually its fun and very challenging trying to figure out how to accomplish something like that. Planning the pedal mount and using a hydraulic type and plumbing through existing holes is how to do it. As far as a shifter same deal make the shifter fit the hole not the hole fit the shifter. It gives good skill set and saves a car or other vehicle trying to figure out how to do something by not ruining existing stuff. I guess the dealer and Lexus didn't do that though, with the phone installs at least on the early models they drilled holes under rear window deck to mount the transceiver box. I don't know what year they started doing the behind the tool box panel install.

I would pull the wire harness and make your own for the swap. I don't know how abs would work, if you have trac you will not get it to work with out the engine controller interfaced to it.