Rear Sway Bar Bushings, Etc

Paul Service

I am looking to replace rear sway bar bushings an a conventional (non sport) 2005 ls430 with 115K miles.

1. Anyone know aftermarket supplier and stock number# ? or Lexus stock # ?

2. Is a DYI job? I would like to hear particularly from those who have done it themselves.

3. Does car need to be set on jack stands? both ends?

4. Are there any other bushings/components I should consider replacing - at the rear of the car?

5. FYI, replaced front sway bar bushings - and the ride stability improved greatly. I believe doing the rear may also be a good idea.

Many thanks for all the prior great info! It has all been very helpful.!

• 8 months later...

• 2 months later...

If you are going to do the bushings it's smart to do the endlinks as well. many upgrade to the factory sport rear sway bar and bushings. For the endlinks you can use oem or aftermarket poly like the Energy 9.8169

• 2 years later...

The bushings are not super expensive, even for Lexus. Some dealers used to market the sport sway bar as a kit, with the appropriate sport bushings. Installing the sport sway bar kit is really easy, you don't even need a jack. The change to the sport sway bar, especially on slow speed corners, makes a noticeable.difference in push/understeer. I would note that a bit of research indicated that the other components of the "sport suspension" were higher rate springs and struts, marketed in some countries without the sport sway bar as the "rough road" suspension.