My New 19" Wheels - Wiiiide

HoeBag

any rub? what spring/shocks did you use? how's the ride?

my old setup: tein stech springs front and rear, kyb gr2 struts all around with 18x7.5 wheels

new setup: tein springs front, stock springs rear, kyb struts all around, with these wheels

i do have rub in the rear with these wheels, but that will be easily fixed by going widebody in the rear and a stiff coilover suspension

with me only in the car it doesnt rub but on huge, and i do mean huge dips

with me + 1 person it rubs on medium size dips/bumps and on hard turns

i dont have the balls to try having people in the backseat.. lol

It looks nice,but you already know that.

But why do it so wide that you can't really drive it all the time without rubbing?

99% of the time i drive with only me in the car, so it doesnt bother me if i rub a lil

the car will be widebody eventually so i wont have to worry about it at all

• 2 weeks later...

The car looks nice with the new rims and tires. I would agree with most people here saying it came out nice; however, I am reluctant to give up ride comfort for looks. I have the same car, color, and year and I want to go with a larger than factory tire, but want to make the transition without taking away from the ride confort and gas milage. What have you learned from making the tire size mod that you could share with me? If you could do it all over again, would you go with an 18 instead of a 19" wheel or maybe even a 17"? Just looking for some insite. Thanks, G.

The car looks nice with the new rims and tires. I would agree with most people here saying it came out nice; however, I am reluctant to give up ride comfort for looks. I have the same car, color, and year and I want to go with a larger than factory tire, but want to make the transition without taking away from the ride confort and gas milage. What have you learned from making the tire size mod that you could share with me? If you could do it all over again, would you go with an 18 instead of a 19" wheel or maybe even a 17"? Just looking for some insite. Thanks, G.

i wouldnt change a thing... the 19s ride a lot better than the 18x7.5's i had... i also have better traction and cornering

• 5 months later...