Climate Control, Prndl, Glove Box And Heated Seat Lights Not Working W

dm11

Hello Everyone.....I'd like to start by saying Im writing here AFTER attempting to communicate with the CLUBLEXUS forum with No Success...Not A single Response...I really hope someone can Help :)

here's the Porbrem :

I know my car is old, but I love her.

i was changing my PRNDL light bulb and i saw a spark, pretty sure I heard a ("click" sounding like a fuse popping), and now my Heater control lights displaying the functions, my glove box, prndl and HEATED seat lights arent coming on with the headlight switch (night use). I cant see any of the controls....

very saddening...

All FUSES have been double checked and are not blown, CAn Anyone Help????!!!!

1998 Es300

Read more: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-1st-to-4th-gen-1990-2006/804330-climate-control-prndl-glove-box-and-heated-seat-lights-not-working-with-headlight-s.html#ixzz3sd7fdgvZ

If the bulb you were replacing was the one under the shift lever, I know how much "fun" doing that is. I did it in a 1998 Camry which has a similar or the same shift mechanism about five years ago Maybe the "click" you heard was a wire burning through and then permanently grounding. If so, that might be difficult to find but I would think that would cause a fuse to trip.

Have you installed any LED bulbs into interior sockets not designed for them? There was a recent thread on another forum about someone who lost all his dash lights after installing LED bulbs. The dash lights worked properly when he reinstalled the correct bulbs.

Maybe inspect the wires leading to the shifter bulb socket since that is where you were at when you heard the "click". I remember it being very difficult to access the shifter bulb socket but I stopped short of completely dismantling the shifter.

And you might try changing fuse #37 ("Instrument panel lights, Glovebox light") even if it looks OK.

• 2 weeks later...

HEY

thats an excellent response, thank you. But just one thing though-----------Everything is working. ALL other lights or illumination of everything is functioning. Does anyone know if there is a harness that can be replaced, or is it all 1 connected to the Dash and Clusters ect? WHat Colour wires am I looking for that FEED the Illumination of the Climate Control Functions, Glove Box, PRNDL and Heated Seats (after turning on the headlights for night driving).

How can I find a Schematic, or is there possibly an inline Fuse?

many thanks,

Jeff

I've never seen inline fuses in a vehicle made by Toyota. Fuses are most often in one of two fuse boxes - one in the engine compartment and one under the dash - although some of the more expensive vehicles have additional fuse boxes which the ES300 does not have.

The portion of the electrical harness that has the connections you mentioned has a retail price of well over $1,000 if you can find it. I found a price of $1,193.85 when I did a Google search but when I checked the Lexuspartsnow.com website it was listed as a discontinued part.

You can get electrical diagrams from https://techinfo.toyota.com with a short term subscription. You might also find procedures for diagnosing problems like this but it can take specialized diagnostic equipment and skills.

Consider taking your car to a Lexus dealer or an independent repair shop that specializes Lexus cars. I used the same indie Lexus repair shop for over 15 years and they were super fast at diagnosing electrical issues.