1995 Ls400

mossimmo

As many members have alluded........you can go to an AUTOZONE and get the trouble code read for free - since the "check engine" light is on. The code will help us pinpoint the problem.

This trouble light comes on when you have a problem with the engine ECU, Transmisson ECU, or MAF problems......probably a few more.

Anyway, an educated guess would be an O2 sensor malfunction - causes the engine to run rough.

ON a side note: I believe it is a National law that you have the right to return any vechicle and get your money back - for any reason - within 3 days of purchase.

Hesitation + roughness cold be a plug/wire problem(I had a recent experience with this a few weeks ago. My car gave me those same problems. As it turns out she needed new plugs and wires.)! I took my '95 to AutoZone for a free code reading a few weeks ago to pinpoint my check engine light problem. They'll say that the car must be '96+, but Lexus changed over before everyone else, so just humor them and tell them it's a '96.

:cheers:

plus wires will not give u a code, just get the code and give it to me, i will give you detailed info on what to do with it and what exactly it means.

I know they don't have their own specific codes, but my car gave off the "random cyliner misfire" code. I looked it up in my repair manual, and it said that the code could be caused by the ignition system. I changed the ignition system, adn the cel was never to be seen again!

:cheers: