Throttle Body Coolant Hose

I jumped in feet first on changing spark plugs and plug wires. Wow. What a chore. The main problem I am had was getting the throttle body coolant hose off ( the one above the spark plugs). The clamp ends were facing down and I fiddled with it for almost an hour. Finally got it off, changed the plugs and wires (thank God Toyota put new seperator clips on the new wires) and am now in the process of putting it back together. I can't get the coolant hose to go back on the fitting. Trying to compress the clamp while also pushing the hose back on is something a mortal being can't do alone. Plus there is no room to work. Anyone have a suggestion? If all else fails I'll take the hose off the other end and pull the throttle body completely off and do it that way.

What I did was a coolant-to-throttle body bypass. I went to the local auto store and bought (2 thick plastic "straws" with ribs on each end) and (a foot of fuel hose (heater hose is probably better)). I also bought (4 mini hose clamps) that are the same as the ones that hold the air intake to the throttle body. I then hooked up the old hose to one end of the straw, then hooked the new hose to the other end of the straw and then clamped those two down, and I repeated the process on the other hose. I read that this could give you some extra horsepower, except that it is not recommended if it snows in Arizona.

Keep in mind that when I did this I had a sense that the throttle body got hotter after I turned off the engine. It may be true, but I don't know.

I did a throttle body bypass on my Corvette. The coolant hoses were a bit bigger on it. I've thought of doing it on the Lexus, we'll see later today. I did notice that the throttle body bore and back of throttle body plate were covered in a black tar-like crud. Washed it off with carb cleaner. Maybe that will cure the sticking throttle problem I was having. Time for some seafoam.

I have read some good reviews on GM Top End Cleaner (haven't heard of it beind done on Japanese cars though). You basically run the car, open a little gap in the throttle body, and then you spray the stuff in until the engine floods with it and stalls. Then you wait for 24 hours or so and turn the car back up, and then a bunch of smoke will come out of the exhaust, which means it did its job. Supposedly you have to do an oil change after that because the cleaner might have passed through the piston rings.