I hit a deer in my beige 2006 RX330. Surprisingly, the only damage I had was a broken off right front bumper hole cover, and a bent license plate frame.

Finding that bumper part in my car's color is incredibly difficult. The local dealer wants $18 for the part, and another $70 to paint it. We're talking a 2"x2" snap-in plastic piece. For that price, it should be hanging on a wall in a museum!

Can anyone recommend a good salvage parts website to check where I might be able to buy a used one in my color? There have to be dozens of my exact car being parted out yet after hours of searching on the Internet, I haven't turned up any with this part available in beige.

Thanks!

$70 to set up and paint a part is really not out of line.

1. Buy the part new and a can of spray touch up paint. I've sprayed mirrors, trim parts, and even bumpers on various cars. The spray can clear coat is not perfect, but it's better than the missing part. Sometimes I think it's just temporary until I find a better match, but then I get used to it and don't mind the slight difference.

2. For a little diddly part like this you probably won't find it in an internet search. A small part like this is not likely to be listed. You will have better luck emailing or calling salvage yards and asking them. I was able to find most of the various trim parts I needed for my XJ8 by calling scrap yards that had Jag parts listed, but not what I wanted.

Thanks for the thoughts, Southwest Jim. Buying the primed part and can of spray paint might be the least time-consuming answer. $10 for the part, and maybe $15 for the paint...

As long as there isn't a go-to place for used Lexus parts I'm unaware of, the homemade solution will need to do the trick.