Touch Up Paint

Belaflek

So I discovered some paint chips on my hood a few weeks ago and went to the dealer for the touch up paint. He have me some 040 white to put on as a base and the 051 for the diamond white that the car is. Are there any tools or techniques I should know before patching this puppy up?

Also..upon further inspection during a wash...it looks like the grey on the bottom is getting some chips and a bit worn up front so I guess Ill get some stuff for that too.

I ordered the 2 little paint bottles that are supposed to touch up my white Lexus a while back. On the Internet from a company in Louisiana. Numbers 40 and 51. I only have tiny little chips on the nose of the hood.

I followed all the instructions re prep, temperature, etc. And. as usual for me, I found the results to be less than satisfactory. The little dab of primer, paint, and then a clear coat finish did not blend in well. I ended up taking the paint off. I was going to write this forum for help, but then I decided that the chips were too minor to mess with it. I also tried to touch up a nick on the rear bumper, but this looked even worse.

Maybe it's me-I've never had success with t/u paints. Maybe one of our members can clue me in. Best of luck.

to get a prefect match go to the dealership and give them your vin number, they will find a perfect match for you and its gonna cost u 7 or 15$ if your car is 2 tone

If you are looking to have your chips/scratches disappear, the procedure is quite a bit longer than merely using the brush built in to the cap of the touch up paint and involves stripping the area of wax, wet sanding the area, building up the area where the scratch was, and then sanding smooth. Full details can be found here. Good luck!