Although during the discourse with the salesman Tony Zaveri at Highland Park Lexus, Highland Park IL navigation was mentioned in discussion, we were never told that the special offer car did not include navigation. We took delivery of the car at closing time being told to come back the next day and they would show us how everything worked. When I returned for instruction, I was told the car did not have navigation. They refused to cancel the lease less than 12 hours old.

I don't think they are much of a Lexus dealer, and I would give them some bad publicity if given the chance. However, I have a 2007 rx w/ nav. and I think it's difficult to work with and just a pain. Do yourself a favor, get a nice Garmin or etc. and be happy with it. As a Lexus guy told me, Toyota is not in the Nav. business, they want to sell cars.

I like having the Nav in my 2008 RX350 since I updated the map database and found a used 'hardware hack' to circumvent the 'can't input destination while moving' insulting idiot proofing.

However, I also keep my phone handy for the many occasions the Nav can't find a location or point of interest until I'm already there. You're not missing much without the Lexus built-in.

On long trips, no matter which car we are driving, I take our Garmin with life time maps and traffic. It is just an order of magnitude better than the Lexus, Honda, or Jag built in systems. I've never understood why the car manufacturers don't buy Garmin systems. They could still charge their insane prices, but we'd have systems that actually work. Our Garmin will automatically offer a re-route around bad traffic and accidents.

I have a Garmin which is rather old yet it still works better than the built in nav. Garmin products are good but since the really good one I bought did not have updates or traffic, it would cost more to update than it cost. I'm not sure why they ever sold them without map updates, but they did and now they are dangerous as it once told me to turn over a light rail track in NJ and the train almost got me. Google maps works better than anything you can buy at about any price. I also use the WAZE and Phantom Alert apps.