303 Aerospace Protectant On Leather

Anyone used 303 product on leather inplace of Lexol ? I use it on dash and like it very much as its not sticky/greasy and wanted to know feedback on leather. Does it damage Lexus leather seats ? Product doesn't mention its use for Leather thats why I couldn't dare enough to try... Thanks

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Cleaning/caring for leather surfaces requires a three step process, comprising; Cleaning, Conditioning and UV radiation protection

While 303 Aerospace Protecterant will provide UVR protection and is 100% safe for leather surfaces it cannot clean or condition leather

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

TOGWT,

So from what you are telling the 3-step process as outlined below should make lexus leather seats durable/looking good/last longer ? Am I right ?

Cleaning - Woolite solution/Leather cleaner

Conditioning - Lexol/Other leather conditionaer

UV portection - 303 or like product

I was wondering there having coat of 303 on lexol will cause any issues ? Thanks for response though.

SW03ES,

Thanks. I'm little picky on using combination products as we don't know how they turn out on long term though it doesn't show any issues initially. Thats why. Personally I like 303 Aerospace Protectant as its not greasy and gives great look and UV protection. So, once the seats are conditioned wanted to protect from the UV rays frequently as we are gonna hit hot summer and mine doesn't have even tinting for which I'm shopping around to get it done soon. Any good place/reference for good tinting work ? Thanks again.

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Question 1- A three step process, comprising; Cleaning, Conditioning and UV radiation protection

a) Cleaning- apply a cleaning solution (Water /Woolite or Dreft 6:1 ratio or stronger) on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (i.e. a seat back). Gently agitate the surface with a boar’s hair cleaning brush. This removes stubborn grime and will not harm the leather. Use a clean, damp Microfiber towel to rinse the leather. Stubborn stains- dependent upon the leathers condition or how dirty it is consider a leather-cleaning product. (Croit’s Leather Cleaner or Leatherique’s Prestine Clean)

B) Maintenance- recommend a preventative maintenance routine three to four times a year, once prior to the winter season to prevent cold temperatures cracking the leather, and once before the heat of the summer to prevent deterioration and shrinkage by heat, which result in continued cracking of leather. In addition to regular cleaning, leather requires replacement of natural oils; Collagen-based products restore the lost moisture and maintain it’s natural flexibility. The smell of leather comes from oils evaporating out of the hide. Once every 30-60 days, Arizona, Florida and Texas, especially in summer, for northern climates between 90-120 days, use a leather conditioner to restore these natural oils and keep the leather soft and supple. (Connolly leather cleaner is a good maintenance product)

c) UV Protection- you should consider additional sunscreen protection (especially if you own a convertible) Leather conditioners typically do not offer any UV screening. The best solution is to alternate between a leather conditioner and a UV Protectant. One month use a conditioner to keep the leather healthy and supple. On alternate months mist and wipe the leather with a UV protectant. After application allow 60 minutes for product to cure, then using a 100% cotton cloth lightly buff surface.

303™ Aerospace Protectant leaves an as-new, non-oily and anti-static finish that does not attract dust or dirt. Surfaces stay cleaner thereby reducing maintenance. Protects surfaces from fading caused by UV radiation.

Question 2- Window Tinting:

Manufactures have found that the colour charcoal will fade but won't turn purple like the grey/blue shades, in fact despite what the film companies are pushing as colour stable film all dyed product will fade. Only pure Metalized films with no dyes will not fade, ceramic films also fall into this category. There is a new ceramic film being released in called ‘Pinnacle’ and is clamed to have U.V protection of 99.8 % and heat rejection of 52% these are really high numbers for a light coloured film.

If you want lighter, natural looking tint in 35% range then 3M is more of a smoke tint with some bluish hue to it and is quite reflective in certain light, it especially complements grey and silver metallic, charcoal coloured tints look great on dark cars.

A good way to check if you like the look of the tint is to take some film samples from different shops and stick them on your windows. Removal can be problematic but some Isopropyl Alcohol should take care of it.

Picking the right shop is more important than picking the brand, make sure you get lifetime warranty on the tint and good warranty on the installation

Cleaning- do not use abrasive cleaner or synthetic steel wool on after market-tinted glass or you will scratch the surface.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*