RX 330 Owner

💡 Photos Of My Led Bulb Replacement In Cargo Area

After two previous failed attempts due to the wrong sized LED bulbs, I finally was able to swap out the original incandescent bulbs in the cargo area with LEDs.

It makes quite a difference in illumination. I am very happy with the results. See the before and after image below.

The LEDs I used were 28 mm, 12-SMD LED bulbs. These are replacements for DE3175 bulbs (which Mazda put in their Mazda 3 vehicles). The official lamp of the NX cargo incandescent bulb is DE3022, but the first LED bulbs I bought were much too long to fit in the cargo lamp fixture. The second bulbs were shorter in length (30mm) and were also DE3022 replacements. I thought I could make the 30mm bulbs fit, but they wouldn't. I then came to the conclusion that there is no standard length for a DE3022 bulb.

Finally, I found these (http://goo.gl/AEGNMV) on Amazon. These particular LEDs are unidirectional so that it throws all the light into the cargo area (no wasted light as in the omnidirectional LEDs).

Since this was my third attempt, I completed the cargo light conversion in less than 10 minutes.

In the photo below, the left bulb is the OEM bulb, the new LED bulb is on the right. Although the SMDs are yellow in color, make no mistake, theses bulbs produce a very bright, white light...

80-led_next_to_incandescent_400x350_31fa

Here is a before (top) and an after (bottom) images I took of my cargo area with some personal items in there. I did not touch these items during bulb replacement... (click photo to enlarge)

80-cargo_lights_before_after_b176a0c269f

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Enduro
      Hello, 
      I recently bought a Lexus RX330 with AWD and want to know if there is a community around taking these on trails? So far I haven’t come across any and I am interested in finding others who are pioneers in building an off-roading Lexus! I have plans for bigger at least all terrain tires soon and want to know if anyone has done it yet? So far I cannot find any that will fit my current tire size P235 55R18. And when I say off road I don’t mean like a Jeep who climbs mountains I mean simple trails where you can stop, pull off and camp. With some rocky terrain where beefer tires would help immensely. The trail I have pictured is Crab Flat Rd, North of running springs if any of you are familiar with the So Cal area. 

• By zach 03 gs300
      Okay so i own a 192xxx mile gs300 its an 03. This past 2 weeks its been missfiring, i think its an o2 sensor. Thats not my real issue. I have a battery light that flashes on i just replaced it too. Then i have an airbag light that comes on an goes away, at the same time my gauge cluster flashes on and stays off for a random amount of time. If i turn on the ac the battery light goes away and the air bag light goes away. Also if i try to use CC it wont work unless i turn on the ac. Also my check engine  light is on. Please help i was considering taking it to a lexus dealer to get dianosed. I dont really want too becauase im an automotive student this would be a good learning experience, but it seems a bit out of my league. My guesses are theres a short in the ecu.
    • By DiabloX22
      Hello everyone, has anyone went and changed the rear tail, brake, turn signal, bulbs from the traditional filament to plug and play LED? I replaced the license plate lights that are LED that came with the new housing and they just plugged in, work and look fantastic! I have a 2003 so no Canbus. Now the license plate lights look so great I want the rest to look "uniform". I read about the hyper blink issue and see I can get amber led's with resistors already assembled into them. Has anyone purchased changed theirs or know what route to go? When it comes to the choices there are so many and I am not up to speed on the technology or what all the numbers mean! I dont need a super expensive set up, If I get a year or 2 out of them, thats fine. I plan on updating the housings to get rid of the amber colored plastic to the clear. So for now, just looking for suggestions and experiences. Any input I really woulds appreciate! Ebay has so many choices it will make my head spin! Tried to read up on the specs they list, how many LED, smd, this that, lets just blame my A.D.D! Thank you!   
    • By pfrass
      Can anyone tell me how to access this side marker light (the bulb under the amber lens)?
      It is front driver's side on 2006 GS300.
      Appreciate the help.

• By onebratt08
      Husband owns a 2007 GS350 with a little over 100k miles.
      The other day, we spent the night out of town. When leaving the hotel, it was raining and cold, so he went to get the car. The car was sitting overnight in a dry parking garage. He spent only 5-10 minutes in traffic from the garage to pick me up. I noticed his passenger headlight was out. I informed him and since he was due an oil change, we made an appointment to have everything handled that afternoon at our local shop.
      Shop checked the car out and said they couldn't find a bad bulb, so it must be a bad ballast (they also said both ballasts were making noise, so the other one would be bad soon as well). Now the headlight works again with no problems. Shop has already ordered the assemblies for both headlights (wow, expensive!). Could the problem only be a bad bulb or ballast, or is it possible that maybe moisture from the rain got into the headlight and caused it to temporarily stop working? It started working after the rain passed and has been working since (and hasn't rained since).
      Car goes into the shop for repairs on Monday, so we need to know ASAP if we are or are not replacing the headlight assemblies. Any help is appreciated!