Interchangeable Parts

LinuxFan

I have a 91 LS400 and was wondering if anyone knew what parts might be interchangeable between that and later models.

Right now, I have read that the rear seat middle arm rest is interchangeable with a version that was released in Europe. Also, that some wheels will work as well -- that is all I know from reading this and other sites.

thanks in advance for your input

I thought, and this is the result. :rolleyes:

not to sound dumb chips, but what exactly is a Lexus fitter? and also what is MK1 and MK2?

I saw you are in the UK so it's probably just a dialect difference, but it is an interesting topic.

VBdenny

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is, or I sure think so.

It will certainly benefit us who have the first generation models.

As to that UK post? I think a fitter is a mechanic, can't say for sure though. :D

I've also been asking around for interchangeable parts as well. I've been looking for a rear-seat armrest that has the built-in cupholders for my 1990 LS400. Lexus included this feature starting in 1994 or 1995? Anyway, am still pursuing this option if anyone can further help me along. Thanks.

I've also been asking around for interchangeable parts as well.  I've been looking for a rear-seat armrest that has the built-in cupholders for my 1990 LS400.  Lexus included this feature starting in 1994 or 1995?  Anyway, am still pursuing this option if anyone can further help me along.  Thanks.

You mean this:

1083597635648_3_JT3VN39W2P0105394.jpg

That will be 1995.

Thanks, 93LSOwner. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Now if you or someone can only determine whether the dimensions are compatiple, as well as all the attaching hardware. I guess the available color should also be important.......mine is the run-o-the-mill brown leather. Thanks again.

Thanks, 93LSOwner. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Now if you or someone can only determine whether the dimensions are compatiple, as well as all the attaching hardware. I guess the available color should also be important.......mine is the run-o-the-mill brown leather. Thanks again.

I don't know the answer to that one, but you are Welcome.

Yes it is, or I sure think so.

It will certainly benefit us who have the first generation models.

As to that UK post? I think a fitter is a mechanic, can't say for sure though. :D

:D :D :D mechanic your right there,i call them fitters....most people in the uk also call them mechanics ;)

• 14 years later...