How To Change My Username?

RX 330 Owner

How do I change my username?

When I go to view "My Profile or "My settings" or "Edit my profile", there is no facility to change my name (as mentioned in a previous, older thread).

I would imagine that name-changing is allowed because there is a "Display Name History" link to show a person's previous usernames.

Thank you for your prompt response.

I don't think your user name can be changed. I see why of course but as 1990LS400 knows, you are kind of stuck with what you have. It would take somebody far more important than me to know for sure though. Ask Paul.

How do I change my username?

When I go to view "My Profile or "My settings" or "Edit my profile", there is no facility to change my name (as mentioned in a previous, older thread).

I would imagine that name-changing is allowed because there is a "Display Name History" link to show a person's previous usernames.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Hi Les and welcome to the club!

This question comes up about every Leap year, and each time it does, it feels like some village is missing an idiot. Meaning I can never remember the answer.

The primary reason it's difficult to change your user-name and password is to block SPAM systems from getting past the first attempt but with no way to generate a new user-name. No matter how often it happens, I never cease to be amazed when I get up in the morning and find every Forum and topic pasted with SPAM for Hindu s*x Fun.!!

For the same reason, new members must post a total of 10 times before they can make changes. If you feel comfortable, send your request to me and I'll see if I can make the change for you.

My email pj8708@aol.com

Thanks Les.

Paul

Hi Les and welcome to the club!

Thanks, Paul.

...new members must post a total of 10 times before they can make changes.

Okay. That's fine. If all I need is 10 posts, I'd better get busy!

If you feel comfortable, send your request to me and I'll see if I can make the change for you.

Thank you for the gesture. However, I'll see if I can do the "10 posts" requirement first.