Help With Overheating Problems

Shushdior

I have a 95 es300 with 154000 miles runs good but overheated on me I had low coolant and needed an oil change at the time. So I overheated on an offramp and my car shut off. A small amount of smoke was present but no sign of a leak anywhere. I got it home after adding more coolant and letting it cool down at a gas station. I changed the oil then I replaced the radiator cap. Mind you Ive been adding coolant before I knew you had to bleed it.

Incident number 2 happened today. I was running fine from Inglewood to Santa Monica. Then from there to long beach. After getting off the freeway it got hot again I pulled over and saw the coolant reservoir bubbling. After sitting it we added more since all the coolant was gone after. I bleeded the coolant this time. Or the best way I could under the circumstances. I was able to get home on a normal temp level. But once I got home I realized that I was driving all day with my damn e brake on.

Long I know. I just wanted to give everyone the best details I could for the best help. For now it runs normal. But I wanna be able to trust my old lady. I pray its not a gasket, its not leaking or smoking please anything that I could do before it gets to that point

shushdior,

You may have, or may not have done some serious damage to the engine. Only time will tell, and until enough has gone by without any indications, you would be best advised to watch that temperature gauge very closely and keep your speed down.

You are driving a 20 year old car. When was the last time you had the coolant flushed and the radiator checked out for clogging, etc.? I would certainly start there. As well, rebleed the system again with the nose of the car on a good incline, to allow for any air pockets to bubble out of the engine block and climb to the top of the rad.

Good Luck and watch the temp gauge!

I rebleeded the coolant today. I made it to school (from Inglewood to Santa Monica) with no issues and normal gauge however I did not drive on the freeway. I didn't want to overwork it. I just want it to be a little more reliable