Front Brakes

kengonz

need help with putting front calipers on one of the caliper bolts the 17 mm is very hard to turn and the calipers wont sit properly

to get the other bolts on does anybody have directions or anything to go by? :blush:

Probably the pads are pressed against the rotors and preventing removal of the caliper. Place a large flat screwdriver between the rotor and pad and force the piston back into the cylinder. I usually have to put a piece of metal pipe over the end of my rachet to get enough leverage to break the bolts loose. Sometimes you have to manhandle brake parts.

• 2 weeks later...

This should not be a problem. Does the bolt screw in easily without the caliper? If not I would spry some wd-40 in the hole and try again. If still hard to turn it could be cross threaded. Also while the caliper is off try the other bolts in their respective holes. Regarding lining the holes with the caliper it should fit perfect since it came off. When I did mine I kept the first bolt loose until I started the other bolt. I've done about 3 sets of these on different SC's and never found the bolts to be a problem. Good Luck

the azz