Does Nav Have Dvd Player

LIVIPER

I DO NOT have the rear entertainment package(DVD). I do have Nav. with the 6 disc audio changer. Does the standard front Nav screen come with DVD capabilities? Where does the dvd go?(it does not work in the 6 cd changer)

The navigation system/screen was not designed to handle DVDs. Some people have found a way around this, although it's against the law in most states. The DVD player is located at the rear of the center console.

• 2 weeks later...

If the car is in park and the e-brake lever is up, the front screen can show DVD's. Press the mode button on the steering wheel until hear the DVD sound and it saws DVD and Track number, then select the Audio button, and on the screen will be a PICTURE button on the touch screen. You will see the DVD movie and have complete DVD controls on screen.

If the car is in park and the e-brake lever is up, the front screen can show DVD's. Press the mode button on the steering wheel until hear the DVD sound and it saws DVD and Track number, then select the Audio button, and on the screen will be a PICTURE button on the touch screen. You will see the DVD movie and have complete DVD controls on screen.

but we are talking about cars which don't come with factory navigation. i don't think aftermarket dvd player can be worked out through the steering.

• 6 months later...
If the car is in park and the e-brake lever is up, the front screen can show DVD's.  Press the mode button on the steering wheel until hear the DVD sound and it saws DVD and Track number, then select the Audio button, and on the screen will be a PICTURE button on the touch screen.  You will see the DVD movie and have complete DVD controls on screen.

but we are talking about cars which don't come with factory navigation. i don't think aftermarket dvd player can be worked out through the steering.

HAS ANYOND DONE THIS MY FRIEND JUST GOT A GX470 AND ASKED ME IF HE COULD PLAY DVD AND AFTER SEARCHING THIS BOARD I STILL HAVE NO ANSWERS.

IF ANYONE HAS DONE IT LET ME KNOW. ALSO WERE DO I PUT THE DISK?

2004 lX 470 factory changer does play dvds but only when e brake is on and the car is not moving. This link explains how to bypass those safetys http://forums.vmag.com/suvlc0199/messages/2488.html

Ifanyone in NJ that doesnt want to try this themselves email me. ill help$

but were do i put the dvd to play it on the nav screen

and rember

LX 470 LX470 !!!!!! THE FACTORY CHANGER PLAYS DVD ON THE NAV SCREEN ! WHEN CAR IS PARKED AND E BRAKE IS ON. BUT YOU CAN MODIFY SYSTEM TO PLAY WHILE MOVING.

That is NOT true if you do not have the rear entertianment option. The standard 6-disc changer does NOT have DVD capabilities.

THE ONLY WAY YOU GET A DVD PLAYER FROM THE FACTORY IN THE IN THE GX IS IF YOU HAVE THE REAR ENTERTAINMENT OPTION. PERIOD.

AGAIN, THE STANDARD 6-DISC CHANGER DOES NOT READ DVDS

LX 470 LX470 !!!!!! THE FACTORY CHANGER PLAYS DVD ON THE NAV SCREEN ! WHEN CAR IS PARKED AND E BRAKE IS ON. BUT YOU CAN MODIFY SYSTEM TO PLAY WHILE MOVING.

That is NOT true if you do not have the rear entertianment option. The standard 6-disc changer does NOT have DVD capabilities.

THE ONLY WAY YOU GET A DVD PLAYER FROM THE FACTORY IN THE IN THE GX IS IF YOU HAVE THE REAR ENTERTAINMENT OPTION. PERIOD.

AGAIN, THE STANDARD 6-DISC CHANGER DOES NOT READ DVDS

Dam it now i am sad :cries: so now how do i hook up a dvd player to play dvds