Unexpected New Sc430 Owner.... A Quick Question

Amazing1

Hello fellow club members. Was not shopping for a car just looking to kill some time and I ran across an 04 with 52k miles that was just too good a deal to pass up. Love the Interior of the car but after bring it home I noticed something overlooked during my "new" owner finetooth inspection. All advice

is appreciated.

1) the cabin of my car is definitely beige in color (seats almost like new), and the carpet appears to

be a slightly darker shade of beige or tan. Looks great especially with all the "yellowish" looking wood trim. This is probably what sold me on the car since the price was so right.

However, in the trunk the carpet and trim appears to be more of a greyish color, what I saw mentioned as Ecru on some other car ads. The carpet here appears to be original, very few minor

signs of wear, so I would guess at first glance that this may be the original interior trim for my 04,

and if its even possible, one of the previous owners changed out the entire cabin area (this would be carpet, doors, and seats) to the beige color.

So, my question is this... Does this seem possible, or is this actually the way that the 04 models were made from the factory. Since the cabin and trunk areas can not be seen in the same view, it isn't something that bothers me at all, but I am just curious what some of you experienced SC 430 owners think about this.

BTW - the Car Fax is Clean so it seems like previous flood damage or a serious car rebuild is very unlikely, although I must admit that I am nowhere near an expert on this subject. Please, if you have some ideas, or someplace in the car I can look to find out what may explain the differences in the color of these two areas, I am all ears.

Thanks so much.

I believe the grey carpet in the trunk is the same across all years. I really dislike it for a few reasons. It's too light and if you ever transport a tire or any tools, you must be careful are else they will really discolor the grey. Dark, dark grey would have been a smarter choice. The trunk trim (trunk latch plate and tonneau cover) is also a standard across the years as a taupe type color. Also, all the cars have off white trim on the interiors (windshield A pillars, roof, rear view mirrors) regardless of the actual leather trim (except possibly the Pebble Beach edition that had Pimento Red Interior so not sure what changed with this model in terms of interior trim). I will say that I have seen a black rearview mirror for sale. It's pretty cool, but very expensive compared to normal off white. Plus installing it would require taking apart the roof windshield trim. Not my cup of tea. The beige you're referring to is actually called Ecru, and is very unique for sure, but also very hard to keep clean and care for. As for the floor mats and carpet. I believe the beige carpet was standard for all Ecru interior but the mats could be altered. I've attached a link of the available options, for my understanding.

https://www.lpartsworld.com/product/SC430-CARPET-FLOOR-MATS/PT208-240/61/

• 5 weeks later...

I just Purchased a 2003 SC430 with an Ecru interior. All the carpet Including the trunk is Ecru and appears to be original.

Carpet mats for both the interior and trunk were sold by Lexus dealers as accessories in a variety of colors for some Lexus models.

For example, the 2000 LS400 I bought off-lease in 2003 and sold last year had ivory interior carpet and a low nap black trunk carpet mat but also had black interior carpet floor mats and a plush accessory black carpet trunk mat on top of the standard low nap trunk carpet mat. Both the original low nap black trunk carpet mat and the accessory plush black carpet mat were the same size but the accessory trunk mat had the Lexus name and maybe to "L" logo on it. I suppose I could have discarded the original standard low nap trunk carpet mat and used only the black accessory trunk carpet mat but I used one on top of the other.

These accessory carpet mats often go out of stock long before the standard carpet mats do and are not listed in the standard parts lists.

Edit: I forget to mention that I checked the official parts list and found that only one color trunk carpet is listed for the SC430 for both the 2003 and 2004 model years: "medium gray". Lexus accessory catalogs are separate and short term. I've seen some official Lexus accessories available for only a year or two, an example of which was the rear window roller shade accessory that I bought in 1990 for my first LS400. That was a wonderful accessory and had to be dealer installed using a large hard plastic template that allowed the mounting holes to be drilled in exactly the right places.

• 3 years later...