Gs400 Accident

I have had my gs400 for about 2 1/2 months, I took my car to a stereo shop and a guy watching my car get an after market nav tv mod installed, asked me if myu car has ever been in a accident, I said no....but he pointed out that my rear bumper was a lighter color than the rear of the car.....I checked with carfax and nothing comes up, anybody know a way I can find out? maybe take it to a body shop?

car fax and others don;t have anything but major incidents

if you can see a colour difference then it was repainted.

any good shop with an anal bodyman will be able to pick apart what was hit and replaced and if done properly.

it could have been a scuffed bumper that got painted

search around these forums, there should be a few threads about "what to look for when buying a GS"...

Someone put a nice checklist, everything from checking brake fluid reservoir to looking underneath pieces of insulation to check that bolts have not been freshly turned..

most replaced parts, new replacements, would have a decal affixed to them

As a matter of fact, it SEEMS like I recall seeming some factory LEXUS decals or something up on the inside of my rear bumper cover when I was under there last.

You should get a flash-light and look under there.

I agree with the above though. If it's a lighter color, it may have just been a repaint, not a replace. I do not know of any way to check for that UNLESS it was done at a Lexus Dealer for which it should have a service record that your local Dealer could check for you based upon your VIN. It's a national Lexus Database.