Brake Caliper Paint - Your Experiences?

So, I decided to paint my calipers red on the ol' GS400.

I've seen the paint shown on Lextasy and at Eastwood, made by Plasti-kote, called "Brake Calilper Paint".

I've also seen a "kit" on Ebay but the brand is unknown.

Lastly, there is a well known person using Chrysler Red Engine Paint,made by Color-Rite I think. On it's label, it says "good to 500 degrees" and "ceramic". Supposedly it's better than the 'brake caliper paint' which reportedly will only last a year or so before flaking off.

Anyone here using paint on your calipers? If so, which brand, and how do you like it???

Thanks!

So, I decided to paint my calipers red on the ol' GS400.

I've seen the paint shown on Lextasy and at Eastwood, made by Plasti-kote, called "Brake Calilper Paint".

I've also seen a "kit" on Ebay but the brand is unknown.

Lastly, there is a well known person using Chrysler Red Engine Paint,made by Color-Rite I think. On it's label, it says "good to 500 degrees" and "ceramic". Supposedly it's better than the 'brake caliper paint' which reportedly will only last a year or so before flaking off.

Anyone here using paint on your calipers? If so, which brand, and how do you like it???

Thanks!

I have used G2 caliper paint.. And for 2 years it has heldup pretty good.. I see other cars with painted calipers and whatever they used really sucks because what was red is now pink.. With the G2 caliper paint I think if you keep on it and keep it clean you shouldn't have any problems.. Plus with the G2, you apply it with a brush so there's no need to remove the calipers or tape up the surrounding areas.. If you want to hold off for a month or so I'm upgrading my brakes to endless and I'll sell you mine with a fresh coat of paint if you want.. Well, if you want I can do a trade +some money for the paint and time I will spend on sanding them down and repainting them.. Atleast that way with the calipers off I can get into every nook and cranny.. But all in all from what I've seen and heard your best bet would be G2..

I agree the g2 stuff is great ,it is sold by tire rack who relabels it .The orignal product is from a german company called folia tec . it is the best stuff period.

It hides blemishes covers uneven surfaces.

And makes a beutiful deep gloss finish after.

It comes with 3 cans 2 are mixed together which is the hardner and resin. the other is brake cleans to clean them up.

I have had them on my car in silver for about 3 years now.

the other spray can stuf is crap vht, and other make.