How Do You Know Its Time To Replace Suspension On 06 Sport

M500

I have a modern luxury 06 LS430 Sport. Lately I feel the suspension is softer but also the ride is rougher when the road is not super smooth. It just reach 100k and I think its perhaps suspension had wore out over the years. How do I confirm its the suspension and what part beside shock need to be replace? Thanks.

2006 Sport with Modern luxury package.

The suspension on your car should last a lot longer than you think. The suspensions will go the life of the car unless there is some damage or excessive wear. The 1990 LS400 I had which I sold to my neighbor has well over 200,000 miles and has all original suspension and drives great. May I suggest the old rule, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Denny

Oh yeah, just out of curiosity, did you have German cars prior? By 100,000 miles you are deep into your wallet with them.

Yes, I use to own several BMWs. Their suspension are good but at around 80k miles they are pretty wore out compare to new.

exactly. I have friends with BMW and Audi cars. Around 80K big stuff breaks like rear wheel bearings that have to be cut out and expensive parts. Not to say the Japanese are smarter than the Germans since we did beat both of them but the Japanese figured out how to make cars that will run forever with pretty basic maintenance and care. Your Lexus has a great suspension that is barely broken in. I'd suggest maybe a more aggressive tire?

My friend who is a BMW mechanic for decades drives a Toyota. when I asked him why, he said, "I hate working on my own cars." Ahhh

• Like 1

Don't overlook your tires. Just a small difference in pressures can hurt the ride. The biggest problem I had was running Continentals, Low Profile. They rode like a lumber wagon and when the side wall on one of the front tires got a rupture about the size of you hand.

Many of our members use Michelin Primacy for the smooth and quiet ride on the ES 350. However, one tire that works on a certain Lexus model may not hold true with another.

Paul