94 Gs300 Electrical Issues?

I am the second owner of a 94 gs300, first owners were other family members to kept up the service. I purchased it from them with 67K miles, and now have 120K miles. I have several electrical things happen over a few years, some that I have fixed, others that I am becoming concerned about.

1) Started with the passenger side visor light staying on when the visor was closed. New Visor costs $100 or so. Any idea where to buy salvaged parts such as a lighted visor.

2) Then the rear passenger door window up/down switch stopped working (although I can use the drivers door switch to roll down the window from the front). Does this mean the rear switch is bad?

3) Recently, while driving, I tapped the horn and the horn stuck for about 1-2 minutes. Then, it happened a second time about a week later and I pulled off the road to try to pull the fuse as I was in busy traffic, but by the time I got the hood opened, the horn stopped. I think it ended up blowing the fuse that time. After replacing the fuse several times, it still keeps blowing the fuse (which is also the hazard flashers). Any suggestions on what would be causing this problem?

4) Again, recently, I noticed that I have also lost my turn signals. When I both on the dash lights and the exterior front/back signal lights. The fuse appears to be fine. I talked to some on the phone and they suggested that I need to look at the flasher unit, as those sometimes go out. I haven't been able to find a GS300 service manual, does anyone know where to find them? Does this sound like a flasher unit problem, or something even more serious considering some of the other electrical issues I seem to be having?

I am beginning to lose confidence in a car that I really enjoy driving and that I would like to drive for 3-4 more years. Just last year I had to replace the compressor for about $700, so I don't want to get into a sudden money pit. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
I am the second owner of a 94 gs300, first owners were other family members to kept up the service. I purchased it from them with 67K miles, and now have 120K miles. I have several electrical things happen over a few years, some that I have fixed, others that I am becoming concerned about.

1) Started with the passenger side visor light staying on when the visor was closed. New Visor costs $100 or so. Any idea where to buy salvaged parts such as a lighted visor.

2) Then the rear passenger door window up/down switch stopped working (although I can use the drivers door switch to roll down the window from the front). Does this mean the rear switch is bad?

3) Recently, while driving, I tapped the horn and the horn stuck for about 1-2 minutes. Then, it happened a second time about a week later and I pulled off the road to try to pull the fuse as I was in busy traffic, but by the time I got the hood opened, the horn stopped. I think it ended up blowing the fuse that time. After replacing the fuse several times, it still keeps blowing the fuse (which is also the hazard flashers). Any suggestions on what would be causing this problem?

4) Again, recently, I noticed that I have also lost my turn signals. When I both on the dash lights and the exterior front/back signal lights. The fuse appears to be fine. I talked to some on the phone and they suggested that I need to look at the flasher unit, as those sometimes go out. I haven't been able to find a GS300 service manual, does anyone know where to find them? Does this sound like a flasher unit problem, or something even more serious considering some of the other electrical issues I seem to be having?

I am beginning to lose confidence in a car that I really enjoy driving and that I would like to drive for 3-4 more years. Just last year I had to replace the compressor for about $700, so I don't want to get into a sudden money pit. <!--emo&:wacko:-->wacko.gif<!--endemo-->

http://www.lexus-parts.com/

The above link is to a wholesale outlet for lexus car/suv parts. Try you might find the parts you need cheap. Hope this helps.

Hey! This is amazing, I have a 94 GS300 also, and I am having the same problems. First, the left rear window stopped working. I can't role it down with the front or the back switch. Also, my dashboard lights have started to go out, starting out with the Tach. I'm starting to get a little wary, and would like any help on what this could be -

max

• 2 months later...

the fuser is located on the drivers side floorboard fuse panel. My es300 is having the same turn signal problems.

My family has 3 Lexus and on 2 of them the dash lights are going out. I belive this is caused when repairs are done and the parts are mis-handled.

the dash lights is a known problem with the lexus.i dont understand why lexus never had a recall on them because so many people complained about it but they did nothing.kind of kicks you in the butt because you spend a small fortune on the car and then have to keep replacing bulbs and sometimes whole clusters.

I recently had problems with my rear window, power lock and speaker on my 95 GS3. The window would roll down with the drivers switch, and nothing from the door switch. I posted about it and found some good advice. Check the harness plug between the door and the frame. The plastic wire insulation becomes rigid over time and the wire shears in half. This also left the keyless entry useless because the circuit was always open. Once I found the problem, I had the door panel off, harness out , soldered and put back in within a couple of hours!! If you need anything let me know.

KJ