Double Checking: Rx300 Location Of Oil Drain Plug?

bagofchips

There are 2 things underneath the RX300 engine that look like the bottom of the oil pan - for all I know the other is tran fluid reservoir or something.

Anyway, is the oil pan / plug the one on the *passenger* side at about even w/ front axle. Plug I'm thinking is the one seems to have 14mm hex nut (the other is a torx or something).

It also seems like the pan's plug hole is located slightly *above* the bottom of the pan. Am I right? If the hole is not naturally flush, that would seem like a great way to encourage sludge buildup.

Just double checking - it's usually a pain in the !Removed! when you drain the wrong thing. I've never done an oil change on anything but a tractor, and the car is my wife's so if I botch it there will be hell to pay. :o

You are correct, the drain plug for the oil is the protruding hex head plug. The other drain is for the transaxle. When you get ready to drain the oil remove the filler cap (where you put the oil in) so the old oil will drain out quicker. I also recommend you drain the oil when it is warm/hot. This way the oil flows out guicker and better flushes the sediment out with it.