Car Sometimes Won't Start. All Dash Lights Go Out But Its Not Batt

Hey guys

ok so here's the run down....car has 145k miles, 99 GS3, very very well taken care of. I've had it for about 6yrs. the Batt was 6yrs old and was no good, so I switched it 5 days ago for a new one w/700 Crank amps.

The alternator is fine and the batt maintains a voltage while car is running of 13.7 v to 14.0

when the batt was changed , after a minute the guy gave it gas via the throttlebody, and all of a sudden it made this horrible loud sound like something metal was hitting up against something else...after about 10 seconds of that, we shut it off and the sound kept going after the car was off but it was dying down...like when the bearings in the water pump go bad , it makes a sound as it winds down to a stop .

since then it s never done it again, never did it before then. The day after I bought the battery , the car made 1 clicking sound and the lights in dash turned off and there was no noise

The second try....everything perfect and normal. Car running like a champ as usual

I left it parked for 3 days, today I went to start it, it did the same thing but no clicking sound

on the second and third try , the car made a sound like it was going to turn over, did it for about 2 - 3 seconds then it would die and dash lights go out

on the fourth try it started right up like nothing , no issues. Batt is still charging.
I did a diagnostic on my pc and it only showed an old stored code...0446 but thats just an emmisions thing , I doubt it has anything to do with this

so the car starts at random, sometimes it will just die with a click or no noise after turnning the key, sometimes it takes 2 or 4 tries and whenever it sounds like its gonna start, it only does it for 2 -3 seconds and dies and all dash lights die ...but then when it starts...it does so and runs like factory new...oh and when running errands going around to stores and what not , it really doesn't do this, it only does this after sitting for like 2 or 3 hours or more or a whole day or more

any ideas man sad.gif

thanks in advance