Lexus Oem Wheels

JTWilson23

Does anyone know where the best place is to get OEM Lexus wheels? I see a lot of wheels for sale on the internet, but most of them are fake. I am looking for some LS430 17" 7-spoke wheels or some '98 LS400 16" wheels. I would like to find some new ones from Lexus. Also, what tires would you recommend with these wheels?

So how do you know if they are real? I must admit that I'm kind of confused as to all the various Lexus wheels. I know mine has 15" that are side specific, and that sometime later, the LS400 went to a 16". The thing is that I really don't know when, or what they switched to, and what will fit my car.

This is a great question, I'd like to know as well. Hopefully someone has done a little research and can bring us up to speed on tires and wheels. I'd be primarily interested in genuine Lexus 16" wheels, but hey....

Welcome to LOC JT

denny

sometime later, the LS400 went to a 16". The thing is that I really don't know when, or what they switched to, and what will fit my car.

This is a great question, I'd like to know as well. Hopefully someone has done a little research and can bring us up to speed on tires and wheels. I'd be primarily interested in genuine Lexus 16" wheels, but hey....

in 1994 they went to the 16" wheel.

and Denny all LS400 wheels will fit your car, look at mine i have 99 LS wheels on my 92.

the tires that fit the 16" wheel are 225 60 16

all LS400 wheels will fit your car, look at mine i have 99 LS wheels on my 92.

the tires that fit the 16" wheel are 225 60 16

Silvermate, what differences did you notice with the 16" wheels, ie speed/speedometer readings, ride, power, mileage etc. :blink: Thanks.

EarlB

thanks silver,

I don't really like the look of 18"+ on the 400 which is my persoanl feelings. I understand that many people do like that look and that is cool. The best thing about car people is that everyone has a different opinion. That is the spice of life.

I'd prefer to have a set of the cool looking, later model LS400 rims on my car. I especially like the 5 spoke rims I've seen.

I don't really like the look of 18"+ on the 400 which is my persoanl feelings. 

I agree, 18"+ is just overdoing it on the LS400. I think it looks best with 16" or 17" wheels. I would love to find some newer model LS wheels for my 1991 LS400. If anyone has pictures of first generation LS400s with newer model wheels, please post them so I can see how they look. I am particularly interested in the 17" 5-spoke LS430 wheels that were optional for 2001-2002 and became standard in 2003 or the 1998-2000 style wheels.

Silvermate, what differences did you notice with the 16" wheels, ie speed/speedometer readings, ride, power, mileage etc.  Thanks.

it really gives it much better handleing and cornering for sure, very noticable,,,much better traction also with the wider tire ( i'm sporting some dunlop sports)

the speedo is off like 2 miles an hour at 60-70. you can get it recalibrated if you would like, i didndn't bother

I'd prefer to have a set of the cool looking, later model LS400 rims on my car. I especially like the 5 spoke rims I've seen.

i feel the same way is you do denny.....i think the later model stock LS rims look AWESOME on the earlier models, it makes the car look a lot more current..

no one ever blelieves my car is a '92 :lol:

i bought my 16 inch chrome rims on ebay as a replacement for bent ones. you can easily distinguish a fake rims just by looking at the picture plus if u dont like it you can always return or complain to ebay and paypal and they will return ur money

I may get soem 16" in the future but since we are buying a place in North Jersey where everything is about a million dollars, I'll have to conserve funds for a little while.

Gotta get ready to drive folks. It's Friday.

Denny