Rear Parking Sensor Replacement

Brother Love

I have a 2008 Lexus ES350 and on my latest trip to the car wash the high pressure caused one of my rear parking sensors to get pushed inside the bumper, I assume due to a weak retaining clip and/or extreme high water pressure. The bezel is still in place but the actual sensor appears to be pushed inside the bumper. The best case situation for me would be that the retaining clip broke or became unfastened. In addition, I'm not sure what the sensors look like but there is the possibility that the tabs that the retaining clip lock onto have been broken.

My question is this, how do I access the rear sensors? I have found instructions on how to access the ones on the front by removing the bumper, but not the rear. It appears access may be gained through a cover in the trunk. Also, I have access to Toyota's repair website but could not find any instructions on this topic, so if someone knows where to look for the topic on Toyota's website just tell me where to find the instructions I would appreciate it. Or is there a post that I overlooked?

Thanks.

The rear bumper cover has to come off. I suggest searching YouTube for a how-to video. If you don't find a video for an ES350, a video for a different Toyota or Lexus model should give you a good idea how it's done.

I agree with 1990ls400 solution 100%. Typically fog lights and parking sensors are all mounted in the bumper covers before the covers are installed on the car.

Bumper covers are easy to remove, a lot of plastic plugs and one or two screws or bolts. Be sure to place masking tape around the edges of the headlights and the grill and fender seams (where the bumper cover mates to them) to prevent any paint scratches when you reassemble the cover to the car. Then remove the tape.

As for reattaching the sensor, a little clear silicone around its barrel before you push it back into the sensor mounting surround should secure it. Be aware that the silicone takes 24 hours to fully cure.