Don't Be A Hatin!

13IS250C

This is my ride for the next few days while my car is in the body shop. All in all, for the price, I'm very impressed with the Corolla. Nicely appointed trim. As soon as I got it home I paired up my Bluetooth and adjusted the speakers so I will have decent tunes. I think I can survive 3 days.

I know y'all are all jealous, but you will just have to get over it.

post-148822-0-11219400-1439220894_thumb.

Now please cross your fingers that they can paint that fender and get it all put back together where it will please me. I'm a nervous wreck. I love that little car and I want to be happy with it for many years.

I am a do it yourselfer, and when I looked under the hood of Corolla and Camry with four cylinder, it was a mechanics dream. That engineer should be given a bonus....

Teeheehee.....I get it. No torque = no torque steer.

My daughters Civic had it bad.

Y'all would laugh, but a actually got on my hands and knees and looked under it to make sure it wasn't RWD.

Torque steer in much more prevalent in front wheel drive vehicles, especially those with more horsepower. Pulls the front of the car to the right. With rear wheel drive, the rear end kind of slides to the right and hopefully you see smoke out the back. AWD just pulls like a bad dog.

I hadn't either until I bought my car. Well, I guess my wife's RAV4 is an AWD but I don't count that. AWD just pulls so hard through corners that it like on a rail. Car is unbelieveable and the cornering grip far exceeds my expectations. While driving in another undisclosed state on an undisclosed day at an undisclosed location, I was unable to make the traction control light even flicker, nor did I get any tire squeal. The traction is so good, it almost isn't fun.

When I had my Z car, I had one corner I take on my way home and my goal was to take it so hard the the traction light would come on. I really miss that car and my stick shift.

I think the car I owned that handled the best was my S2000. I guess that was just the low stance. It lacked the HP and torque to make it too exciting though. It was cool when you could feel the V-Tech kick in. And the 10 grand redline was awesome. You could really make it whine.

The new Civics are really nice cars. Made y mother buy a new Civic EXL last year. Very nice cars for very little money. I especially like the speedometer. I purposely did not get the F-Sport as I really hated the large tach in the middle and the tiny speedometer. I see no need for a huge tach with an automatic with a rev limiter. Might look cool but pretty much useless except for impressing passengers which I something I already avoid.

I love a digital speedometer. My dash on my S2000 was awesome. Large digital speedometer and the tach was a series of lines that would stretch across the top, turning yellow and red at 10k. I'll try to find a pic. Really cool. Easy to read.