Hi Rev At Startup

LIVIPER

Does anyone notice that the car revs very high at startup? (to about 2500 rpms) Is that normal?

You may have noticed that you need not 'crank' the key at start up. One rotating tap to the right and the car electronically starts. This control leads me to think that the reving is controlled and normal, but it does seem very high.

OK, I had not driven the truck in a couple days so couldn't respond right away. This morning, the truck started at 1500 RPM and immediately started decreasing to 1200 RPM. This was within about 5 seconds, then I backed out of the garage. It seemed that 2500 RPM was pretty high for a cold start but never really checked that before.

OK, I had not driven the truck in a couple days so couldn't respond right away. This morning, the truck started at 1500 RPM and immediately started decreasing to 1200 RPM. This was within about 5 seconds, then I backed out of the garage. It seemed that 2500 RPM was pretty high for a cold start but never really checked that before.

Hey Guys

I notice the high rev also. specially when i start the car for the first time in the morning... not after that.

about the start... thats a automatic starter ... and it cranks on its own once the key i used... so that is absolutely normal... the engine rev.. is due to the car temp. which is C when u first start and reving goes after the temp increases a little.

You should probably have your truck checked by the dealer. It may require leaving the truck at the dealer overnight, so they can check/adjust when the engine is cold. Running at 2500 RPM on a cold start is really too fast, regardless of the outside air temperature. Freezing temperatures and thickened engine oil might have some effect. The ES 330 also cold starts at 1500 RPM and starts dropping right away. The key, turn and release feature, while the engine continues to crank, works the same for a cold start or warm start and doesn't have anything to do with engine RPM control.