Mark Levinson On Es330 Sounds Muffled

Anyone has the ML stereo that sounds below ML standard?

I bought this vehicle for my wife 3 months ago and notice from day one that the sound system seems reserved. When the volume knob is twisted clockwise to increase sound volume a crackling sound can be heard on the speakers. I listen to mostly jazz and instrumental so no heavy bass is used to damage the sound system.

I have owned a few high end audio and thought that maybe it just needed some break-in but this sound is worst than a regular stereo.

I tried to listen to materials with more bass and the speaker sounds badly distorted.

I suspect that this problem might be cause by some buyer trying to crank up the system pass its limits and could clip the amp and eventually damage the speakers as well. or a faulty connection terminal (at least that's what it sounds like).

Anyone having some issue with their ML system as I described above?

I will be calling another dealer to check on this as another vehicle with ML on an SC sounds much better even with top down.

For the Lexus owner in the Bay Area, watch out for Lexus of Concord service quality. The Concord dealer got my car scratched from their wash center during 1st delivery of my vehicle, fill in a wrong grade of motor oil during the 1st oil change and now using more fuel, sales have no clue on what they are selling, service writer (lisa) is insulting to customers and I can go on....

You should not be getting a crackling sound when adjusting the volume level and when it's cranked up to pretty high levels you shouldn't hear any distortion!

I would test this by taking the same CD and playing it on another ML system in an ES at your dealer. It definitely sounds like there is something wrong with your system. If the dealer doesn't agree, then I'd call "Lexus Customer Satisfaction" and !Removed! like hell!

I would test this by taking the same CD and playing it on another ML system in an ES at your dealer. It definitely sounds like there is something wrong with your system. If the dealer doesn't agree, then I'd call "Lexus Customer Satisfaction" and !Removed! like hell!

I will try to locate a few more dealers with ML system on their ES. So far, it seems to be hard to find an ES with ML system without being sold before I get to the dealership so couldn't compare the problem.

I'll verify with someone from the dealer and eventually call Lexus headquarter and will keep everyone posted on the incident turn out.