Repaint Hub Cabs

Thi

Finally, I got the hub cabs repainted on my LX450. I got some DupliColor paint for wheel cover from Autozone (12 oz can) and a tube of gold touch up paint (NG GM 516). The metallic silver came out really nice; the gold for the emblem is nice, but it could be a little more saturated in color (more gold.) Beside the Lexus emblem, I painted the outer circle around it also ;)

I washed the covers first, then scrub them with 3M grey pad, and 320 grit sand paper. I wiped and blew away the dust before spray.

One lesson learn, shake the can before and DURING the spray interval in order to get more even metallic particles.

Thi

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. The color of my car is white with tan trimming. Sometimes, I'll swing by Lexus dealer and see if they have any gold touch up paint.

Thi

Looks good Thi. Makes a big differences from the chafed up unpainted ones.

When I first got mine painted, I was pretty jacked up about it. A guy pulled up next to me at a redlight in an LC with gnarlyed-up center caps. I gave him the universal "roll down the window" signal, and told him "hey.., you know you can paint those yourself to look like brand new like mine.. :blink: ." He looked at me like, what are you.. the hub cap police?? Anyways, I kind of felt like a dork, so I don't say anything about painting the caps no more.

:cheers:

Rookie2