Fuse Box

Does anyone know which fuses stand for what at the location to the left of the brake. I somehow don't have that cover that would let me know what stands for what. Also would there be any other fuse locations besides under the hood? I blew a fuse on my radio and don't know what is what.

Help me!!!

So was that fuse blown?

There's a way to check if the amp works before sending it back.

With the +12V and the GROUND connected to the amp, take a small piece of wire and bridge the +12V to the place for the remote turn-on.

If the amp powers up than the amp is fine and it's your source for the remote that's fried.

Yea that was the fuse that was blown. That picture helped so much. I think I must have pulled out everyone except that one on my first attempt to solve the problem. I tried the bridged remote turn on and the amp still didn't power up. I got it factory refurbed so I figured something would go wrong with it. So for now I just hooked the sub back up to the factory system. Thanks so much for all your help though.

Glad I could help.

Usually when I'm convinced a fuse is blown but I don't know which one, I've found it helpful to take a laser pointer and shine it at each fuse.

It illuminates much better than a flashlight and there is no need to pull all the fuses.

Did you wire the amp yourself?

If so, did you use the blue wire on the back of the head unit for the remote turn-on?

If you've got a multimeter (no self-installer should be without), your should check if the remote turn-on wire is still good.

It's possible that it got fried at the factory amp, although not likely.

Which amp did you end up buying?

I found my RF 301S for $95

I bought for $130......grrrr.

It is wired like yours so that when the factory amp turns on the new amp also turns on. However, the new amp isn't turning on. I actually went to have it installed and ended up doing a lot of the work there because I didn't trust them. Basically paid for a lesson. I actually bought the amp on ebay and all of the emails actually ended up coming from rockford fosgate corporate so I thought that was bizarre. Got the RF 300s for $63. They are going to send me another one but I'm debating just selling that one rather than putting it in my car. Seems like just another thing to worry about.

Sounds interesting.

$63 is definitely a deal.

If you end up selling it, are you just gonn ahave the sub run off the stock amp?

Replacing the sub without giving it a little more power is a waste of money and time in my opinion.

The sound doesn't noticeably change unless you feed that thing some decent wattage.