Updated Interior Pics

blake918

Luckily, I found some nice used interior parts from a junk yard in Arkansas. I bought the driver's seat, steering wheel, and console for $525 shipped. :D I'd classify all 3 pieces in very good to excellent condition. Well here are some pics that I had on my camera(not just interior...my engine when I first bought the car, new shift indicator plate, steering wheel swap in progress, nasty looking spark plugs too! and my ES)....

DSC00222.sized.jpg

DSC00339.sized.jpg

DSC00363.sized.jpg

DSC00373.sized.jpg

DSC00370.sized.jpg

DSC00352.sized.jpg

DSC00368.sized.jpg

DSC00374.sized.jpg

DSC00375.sized.jpg

DSC00384.sized.jpg

:cheers:

Fantastic upgrade there Blake. Sounds like you made a killing on that deal. I will still be damned if I can figure out how to add the pictures like you did. I just took some of my PS pump and wouldn't mind posting them.

denny

Yeah, that's an awesome deal. BTW this company in AK, would you mind sharing their name with some of us? I know I'm looking to buy some used parts for my SC, and I'm hoping to get it cheap.

Denny, I'm...my eyes rather are enjoying the new upholstered parts! :lol: Let me know if you want me to post those pics for you. ;)

UCF3, I'd love to share the name: AA Auto Parts, phone- 1 800 336-2231, website: www.aaforeign.com I found it best just to call and talk to them. Ask to talk to Mike; he sent me pics of the seat for me and was most helpful, and I took his word that the wheel and console were pristine. As it turns out, his word was good! :D If they don't have what you want, go on car-parts.com...they'll find someone that does have the specific part you want.

93, I used Simple Green and a scrub brush. Take it from me, be extremely careful with the hose becaue it will cost you a lot of $ if you are careless like me! I had to redo the ignition system after I doused my engine compartment.:blushing:

Thanks for the kind words guys. :)

Aaaaahhh Blake!!! :cheers:

Just great my man - the LS looks very good. I'm impressed :rolleyes:

Your plugs look good - the tips are not oil fouled or anythng - which is a great monitor of the engine condition.

Just a super job - keep it up!

Have you tackled all the fluids yet? :lol:

UCF3, I'd love to share the name: AA Auto Parts, phone- 1 800 336-2231, website: www.aaforeign.com I found it best just to call and talk to them. Ask to talk to Mike; he sent me pics of the seat for me and was most helpful, and I took his word that the wheel and console were pristine. As it turns out, his word was good! :D If they don't have what you want, go on car-parts.com...they'll find someone that does have the specific part you want.

Thanks Blake. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they have any SC parts. I've dealt with car-parts.com in the past. My experience wasn't that great.

Steve, the paint situation? Well, it's not really working at the moment. I think I've done more school work this past month than I've done all year(teachers are cramming), so I have extremely limited amounts of time. This summer that will be my big project hopefully I'll have a PC by then. BTW, I stole the parts for only $525. :D

Agent 99, those plugs scared me when I saw them...you're so kind though! :) Those are the old ones. I have new ND Irridium plugs in now($95...ouch!). I havent done any fluids other than the oil. I hope to get to that really soon. The first thing I thought about when I posted this was that your stomach hurt when you saw the first pics of my car. lol I hope you are feeling better now! I certainly do!

UCF3, you'll love AA AUto. Be sure to ask for Mike. He was even very nice to a pesky kid with 1000000 questions such as myself. :lol:

Thanks guys

You're right about my stomach hurting....but I'm smiling now :lol::lol:

On the plugs:

Three of those threads look dark/oil.....which I thought could have been from you just trying to yank those puppies out. I'm a little puzzled by there appearance...

But the ends look great!!! NO OIL RESIDUE, clean tips.....so I think you've got a good engine in there :D

Good, we both feel better! :D :D I lol'ed when I read that the first time!

Some of the plugs were in standing water-literally. Some fool filled the engine with water while cleaning it. i don't know who would do something like that??? :lol: The car leaks or consumes no oil at all even with the Mobile1 full synthetic blend I have. The powertrain will definantly outlast the body! :lol:

Try the place I used-AA Auto. They can ship anywhere, and I even convinced him to throw it in for free! :D Make sure to get it for free because the LS's seats weigh a ton!!! Swaping seats is child's play; she's held in with 4 bolts and a connector for the power and memory.

Thanks for the compliments! :D

Everything looks great!

I have a couple new products for you to try and see if you can hide some of that stuff, Meguiars NXT tech waxed topped with Meguiars #16 paste wax. Both have a lot of blemish hiding capabilities.

Yeah -- new seats are in my future as well, but more on that later... when I fid some.

Anyway, thanks for the pics. Everything looks nice -- you should be proud. Heck, I am proud.;-)

What I like best is the wood finish near that shifter. Oh my gosh! The wood in that thing looks lovely (for lack of a better word). Is there some story on that because it sure looks boasful, and that is a good thing. :cheers:

Linux, all I did was spray a little Pledge on a paper towel; then, I just polished it. I agree it came out quite nice! I always love sharing pics; I wish others would do it more. Thanks so much for the kind words. :)

Thanks Silver, now I just need to work on the paint. Then, I'll really sleep well! :lol: