My Car Just Went Sucky...

ProZac

Hey Guys. long time no see. Ive been SUPER bizy with school and working.

AND on my way to work, i go outside to start my car and *Veroom... dub dub dub (low !Removed! rpm's) dead...* Now when i try to start it, the only way to keep it going is to rev the gas, when i let off the gas, it dies.... :( If ya remember, i have a 1997, im depressed cause i just did my taxes and have to pay $400...

Anybody know an eazy fix (probably won't be one) otherwise i gotta get it towed to my mechanic and let them have at it!

Thanks guys!

Brian

Hey Prozac, I also have a '97 ES300 and have had the exact same problem as you're describing. I don't know for sure that my problem has gone away, but I haven't had the problem again. After revving the motor for quite a while, I was able to get it to continue running. Someone here at work thought I might have water in the gas, so I left the car running, purchased a bottle of gas treatment and topped off the gas - at my usual station (last gas fill-up before was a new station I stopped at????????). Anyway, it's been ok ever since, but I do still use the gas treatment from time to time.

Maybe you can give this a try.

Good Luck!!!!