Insurance

:cries: my dad said my insurance would be 6-7k per year! That seems soo wrong! It's a 93 sc300, fully paid off, I'm female, 17 in washington! Perfect record too! now he says we might have to sell it to cut losses and i've only had it for two weeks! :cries: What kind of insurance companies do you guys have? is it that much? :cries: I don't want to loose my car! :cries: I wanted to keep it forever!

I think your Dad need's a new insurance company. I live in the Seattle area with my 20 year old daughter on my policy. The insurance company (Allstate) has her rated as the primary driver of one of my lesser cars and me as the primary driver of the SC400. However, if she jumps in the Lex and has an accident she's still covered. The increase in having my SC on my policy was marginal. Call my insurance office @ 425-337-4646 for a reality check.

Yeah, thats what your dad needs to do, when I bought my '99 Eclipse my senior year (99, hehe) my dad was insured on the mitsubishi, and I was insured on an old farm truck we had. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you, $500 a month has to be full coverage even for a 17yo, I have tickets, under 25, ect. (But am married) and full coverage for a SC400 is a fraction of that.

Ohh, and have you taken drivers ed. Must have.

we talked to the company and after some sort of negotiation with coverage stuff they said that i can be miminmally insured for 220 a month. Thats alot alot alot better than at first... i would also be taken off the lincoln too. thats fine. My dad still says look for something elce that I like... well not going to look...

What kind of insurance companies do you guys have?

Suggest you shop around and price a seperate policy as well as what else your family can qualify for. Also, if your father was in the military, he may qualify for insurance through USAA. And if he does, you can. That is an absolutely great company to get involved with for all insurances, etc. And has some of the lowest rates available; and is a mutual company so you get something back each year. 3 of my 4 children have USAA, and none ever served in the military.

I called some places and most of them said that it was about 2k a year for me when I am 18... not quite there yet... i think my dad is just going to insure me on the lincoln and then just let me drive the lexus. the company also said that it would go down when I have more than 6 months of driving experence in addition to being 18

that still seems high for a girl driver

Same here. THat is awfully high for a person with your record. When I 16, my dad was paying $1800 for two cars, three drivers including me(worst client ever).

If your dad is a member of the military or a member of a credit union, he should look into GEICO, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. Surprisingly, Liberty Mutual is offering me the best value compared to GEICO. It wouldn't hurt to take a Defensive Driving Course either. Reduces your insurance rate.