Class Action Lawsuit - Rx 450h

Hi Ben, I have a 2013 Rx450h. It claims much higher mpg but it's giving me only 19.+ mpg.  I am not an aggressive driver; I try to stay in the blue range as much as possible.

Can you let me know if you have moved forward with the case and what is the status.

Thank you

TG

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 2013 RX450h. It gets 22 to 24. I'd like to get the 28-30 mpg that is advertised.  I still love the car though and so does my wife. The most important factor.  

If you copy the EPA driving cycle, exactly, you probably would. In city driving our RX creeps up to 27 MPG but frequent highway driving with bursts of acceleration can certainly bring down the average.

• 2 weeks later...

That's about what we get with our 2013 450h. On the highway we'll get 25-26 and around town 19-20 where most of our driving is...  It does not get any better than my 2003 es300 that I drive back and forth to work and only slightly better than my 2015 3500HD pickup which gets 17-19 average... My 450h does not get what it's supposed to... I have two friends that just bought 2022 Toyota hybrid minivans, both of them are getting 35 mpg. They are improving. I do not know about the Lexus hybrids. 

• 1 month later...

I am interested in a class-action lawsuit against Lexus. I have a 2022 RX350h and the advertisement said 28-32 mpg. I am currently tracking 24.5. This is false advertisement. I just bought my vehicle in April and have been going back and forth with the dealership. The main reason I traded in my previous vehicle was due to gas mileage. That car was a Jeep Grand Cherokee (no hybrid) and it got better gas mileage that I am currently getting. I am now stuck. I will be sending my complaints to as many places as I can, but at this point I feel like I feel like a class action is the best option! 

• 1 year later...
On 6/29/2015 at 11:40 PM, TheBjamin said:

I own a 2013 RX 450h and from the day I purchased it I have averaged 24mpg, bouncing from 23-25mpg highway mileage, with anywhere from 22-26mpg city... a far cry from the 28/32mpg advertised. The dealership has reset my ECM three times, changed the inflation on the tires four times, and added a special spoiler and "areo fins", all with 0 effect. After pestering Lexus for over a year, I was told that 24mpg is NORMAL for this car, and there is nothing wrong with it. I have polled other 450h drivers and the vast majority state their mileage is the same, around 24-25mpg. Only 3 have said they get the promised 28/32mpg.

I intend to file a class action lawsuit against Lexus for artificially inflating their MPG rating on their hybrid vehicles in order to increase sales and justify the massive price difference between the hybrid and regular models.

I am polling all 450h owners, 2010-2015, to find out what their average mileage is. If a significant number are having the same issue, I will begin the process of filing on behalf of all 450h owners.

Again, this is only for 2010-2015 models. Thank you in advance for posting your MPG experiences.

Ben

Ben, I just purchased a 2023 RX 500 H I put 5800 miles on it and the most MPH I have ever gotten is 22 mph. Lexus advertises 27 to 28 mph this is 6 miles mph less!! It is a recent model I have asked Lexus to correct this major discrepancy but they have rejected my request sadly. Are you aware of any activity in this regard by any other RX 500 h owners or rather should I say what would be the best course of action?