Check Engine Light

fromundr

My check engine ligth came on in my 96 LS400, at the same time the Power ECT light started blinking on and off. Read the code and got a P0770 whci the scanner said was a "Shift Solenoid Malfunction" What is this and can I change it myself. Looking for the code online I found a description of "Lock-Up Solenoid Fault." The cars runs fine but ever once in a while when I slow down and then try to speed up, it begins to shudder and vibrate as if it had not downshifted and it has a hard time accerating. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

The ECM uses the signals from the NCO revolution sensor and crankshaft position sensor to monitor the engagement condition of the lock-up clutch.

Then the ECM compares the engagement condition of the lock-up clutch with the lock-up schedule in the ECM memory to detect mechanical trouble of the shift solenoid valve SLU, valve body and torque converter clutch.

post-4-1082380889.gif

Thanks!! From the detection condtion supplied, it sounds like my lock-up remains on and when i slow down in traffic it does not down shift and vibrates as if in the wrong gear until i pick up speed. Where would I find the valve so I can perform the test? Is it near throttle body or located on transmission? Once again all input really apprerciated and thanks in advance!!