Cracked Door Handle

joedoc

Has anyone had experience changing the interior door handle? Mine has cracked off, so I have to reach out the window to open the door. I assume I have to take off the door trim panel, but thought I would see if anyone has been down this path already. Thanks.

Has anyone had experience changing the interior door handle? Mine has cracked off, so I have to reach out the window to open the door. I assume I have to take off the door trim panel, but thought I would see if anyone has been down this path already. Thanks.

you first have to remove the complete inside door panel. be very careful to see where the screws go so you could put them back. then you will expose the door handle. there are cables or rod connecting the latches. remove them but first mark them so you know where they go. then unscrew the handle. I guess the only place to get a handle is a lexus dealer or if your lucky you could find it at a junck yard. I hope this helps CHICK 93 sc400 owner been there....