Do Not Buy From Lexus Of Sacramento

NSAC1534

I bought a 2015 Lexus LS 460L and once I drove the car off the lot the customer service and the dealership did not honor a single thing that was promised. I ordered the upgraded F sport wheels and paid for it when I bought the vehicle. The dealership said they would call me once the wheels came in so I followed up a week later and they said the wheels were not in so I followed up the following week and they said they made a mistake and ordered the wrong wheels. So I waited another week and then decided to call the parts department to make sure they ordered the correct wheels. Guess what once again they ordered the wrong wheels. They ordered the same wheels that were on my car except dipped with black chrome@ I told them once again they were the wrong wheels. I finally called the general manager Christian Simon and his response was no help and truly just had the attitude as oh well can't really do anything about it now. So my husband and I accepted we were duped by these scumbags at the dealership. So my husband called and agreed to put the wheels on that they ordered to find out the earliest appointment that we could get in was June 22 almost 2 months after the car was purchased. So they were adding fuel to the fire. So we ended up getting the car in at 7:30 A.M the next day. My husband pick the car up and he hated the wheels on the car so he asked who to talk to to get the stocks put back on the car. He ended up talking to Rick the acting manager because Christian Simon was on vacation. My husband was looking for some advice from the manager of what to do about getting the stocks wheels put back on the car. Within the conversation with Rick he was threatened to meet him after he got off work at 8:00 to fight!!! The cops were called and my husband was kicked out the dealership!!! I can't believe the customer service and the bait in switch that is going on at the dealership!!! it truly is sad!!!

When you sell Lexus cars, it seems the dealers can do whatever they want to people. I haven't been kicked out of my local dealership yet, but I made myself a promise NEVER to set foot in there again. Par for the course with Lexus dealers. Sorry about your experience.

I hope you had in writing the wheel promise. If so I would call Lexus Corporate and start a case. I personally am on my second Lexus, first being bought at Lexus of Sacramento in November of 1998. The customer service then was excellent, as this was the first dealership in the Sacramento area. I would contact the General Manager and owner again and with cooler heads and being polite try to work out the original promise. If that doesn't work then contact Lexus Corporate. If all else fails, then file a small claims decision in Sacramento for the wheels. I want to warn you that Roseville Lexus is not any better. Their service department was terrible, and I found the service department in Sacramento Lexus better, however I have had excellent service at Roseville Toyota. I currently own an RX400h which I did not buy from Lexus of Sacramento, because unlike my first experience years ago, they gave me the run a around with negotiations. So CarMax became my dealership of choice. Funny how business forgets how a bad experience can really hurt future sales and service. But getting angry is useless, and I would suggest not doing so. Talk calmly and with respect, but be firm. I too do not expect poor customer service, but have found that getting angry in front of the opposition is worthless.

One final note: if none of this resolves use Call Kurtis on Channel 13. I am sure they would be interested in possibly helping.

Absolutely!! Call Lexus.com, and tell them you want to speak with the Customer Service rep for dealer relationships. The tag team in the parking lot should alone grab their attention. I have heard in the past that this connection can provide help.

But, as Lenore mentioned, make sure you have collected as much documentation as possible to prove all the misrepresentation as possible. Also, here in Iowa the state has an automobile "Lemon Law" that provides the customer a mediation process with a state appointed Mediator. I am under the impression that this law is on file with every state. I could be wrong about this.

Paul

Could just be my bad attitude about Lexus dealers (which is about 180 off my opinion of the cars) but I can't believe that when you walk into a Lexus dealership to buy a $40K-$90K vehicle that they don't kneel down and kiss your B-Hind. Instead, they treat you terribly. I blame this directly on LEXUS itself for allowing these "exclusive" dealerships where the dealer knows they they are the only game in town. They lie, they do poor quality work, and worst of all, they don't care. I certainly don't understand it one little bit.

I've read all the threads and the original posting. Everyone has given excellent counsel and advice. But the more I think about this there's something that doesn't smell right.

I think Rhiannon has some legitimate complaints, but when was the last time you were hauled out of your dealership in hand cuffs? It takes more than one party to raise levels to that type of action. Again, there are defensible points in his position. But this is plain ridiculous.

Rhiannon, I would encourage you to work with Lexus.com and let them carry the ball for awhile.

Paul