Charging Gx470 Ac- Low Pressure Port Location Revealed

Dr.Gee

This is a FYI. I could find nothing online regarding the location of the low pressure ac port on a 2006 GX470. Finally had to ask the dealer. Very easy to reach once you know where it is.

Facing the car,remove the left sided plastic cover.there are rivet removal tools at auto stores(these break less than removing with screwdriver).the cover says "power steering fluid" on it. This extends from the front to back of the engine compartment. Once removed you will see the "L" valve in the front of the compartment. Simply remove the cap and attach the freon recharge can/hose and follow the directions. I recomend getting one with a built in gauge. More expensive,but very easy to use. Back to nice and frosty.

Difficulty level 2/10

Photos to follow.

post-21997-0-74243300-1433720457_thumb.j

post-21997-0-27629100-1433720490_thumb.j

post-21997-0-57788900-1433728023_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dr. Gee,

Your advice must be helpful to other FIY forumers, but trying to expand your advice to my car (and other car) models, why did you have to get hold of the low pressure port?

I guess if you could describe some problems which could be fixed by the operation, THAT would be most helpful to others...

OK, but which particular problems with your car were you able to resolve by isolating it's location?

If you want to be helpful to others (which this forum is designed for), let me encourage you to share your experience as much as you can.

IMHO, most of people won't understand (as I dont') why they need to locate the item; rather, they'd want to understand how they can fix this or that issue (you haven't described which issue you've managed by isolating the particular port).

What are you talking about? Read my post and title. I describe finding the low pressure port for recharging AC gas. What is so hard to understand?

MY PROBLEM: I HAD TROUBLE LOCATING THE LOW PRESSURE VALVE ON MY AC SYSTEM FOR REFILLING. I FOUND IT.HENCE

MY POST.